SB 288: Companion bill to HB 585

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

SB 288: Companion bill to HB 585

Post by rickt »

Another sign of fast tracking. This bill sounds like a companion bill to HB 585. I think the fix is in and Kasich and the Republican leadership have come to some kind of agreement that one of these bills will become law.
S. B. No. 288 - Senators Eklund (R), Kunze (R).

To amend sections 2151.34, 2903.213, 2903.214, 2919.26, 2923.11, 2923.13, 2923.18, 2923.20, 2923.23, 3113.31, and 3113.99, to enact sections 3113.26, 3113.27, 3113.28, 3113.29, and 3113.30, and to repeal section 2923.14 of the Revised Code to expand the definition of dangerous ordnance to include armor piercing ammunition and expand the definition of an automatic firearm to include any device within the federal definition of machine gun; to create additional conditions under which an individual may not possess a firearm or dangerous ordnance and to eliminate the process by which an individual may apply for relief from a weapons disability; to generally prohibit a person from buying, purchasing, obtaining, or furnishing a firearm on behalf of a third party; to provide for the entry of protection orders into the federal NCIC database and LEADS; and to provide for the issuance by a court of an extreme risk protection order
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 132-SB-288
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: SB 288: Companion bill to HB 585

Post by WhyNot »

Oh! I get it! It's a :shock: RRRRRRREPUBLICAN bill...so it must be Ok. Right?

Step into the light...move along....remain calm...keep moving...

:evil:

INCIDENTALLY...

(R) John Eklund ran unopposed in Primary 2016, winning easily in general election and is 1/2 way through his term. Termed out of Senate in 2 years.
(R) Stephanie Kunze similarly ran unopposed in Primary 2016, won easily but not as easy as previous example, and also is 1/2 way through term.

Whether this is a blocking move or watered down ''See, if we didn't give you this pile of...garbage, you would have gotten that oderous pile of...garbage. You should thank us'' move, remains to be seen. Or smelled.

And the obligatory, vote for me again, & again, please donate $$$, I will run again & again in various any & all offices.

Blocking move...smell test...cautiously un-optomistic...(D)-lite is still (D)....hmmm...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Sounds like a companion bill?

They’re word for word twins!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
bsctov

Post by bsctov »

Before the rest of the bill can even be discussed..the part about removing our relief of disability process is a total non-starter. This is an important due process protection and is left to the discretion of a judge, I hope this bit gets clipped before anything else happens.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

bsctov wrote:Before the rest of the bill can even be discussed..the part about removing our relief of disability process is a total non-starter. This is an important due process protection and is left to the discretion of a judge, I hope this bit gets clipped before anything else happens.
I would prefer to leave it intact and let the stench of this turd be overwhelming. There is nothing in this bill that is worthy of discussion.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

As has been stated Eklund is termed out.

Kunze will have to stand in front of the voters again come 2020. I, for one, intend to remember this day come 2020. I also intend to remind EVERYONE IN HER DISTRICT about this day come 2020.

Dante's inferno mentioned who belonged in the innermost circle.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Bill has a heartbeat

Assigned to committee via info in above ^^ link
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil