Mock straw poll, US Senate

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Which Republican Candidate do you prefer for US Senate?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Melissa Ackison
4%
Mike Gibbons
65%
Jim Renacci
30%

Total votes: 23

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Mock straw poll, US Senate

Post by Chuck »

Please show us your preference for the US senate primary coming up.
The candidates are listed in alphabetical order.
You can change your vote in case your mind changes during the discussion.
I will not be taking part in the discussion and this poll is not binding on OFCC. (we are having our own rather lively discussion)

Pol should close Saturday night if I did this right.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Carolyn

Re: Mock straw poll, US Senate

Post by Carolyn »

I felt compelled to comment on this post. I have met Mike Gibbons on several occasions. I have had the opportunity to have several in-depth conversations with him in regards to gun rights. Mike believes in our Constitution. He believes that the Second Amendment was written to protect our God-given rights. And I don’t believe he will waiver on his stance. Mike believes in Constitutional carry, national reciprocity, and that notification should not exist. While I understand that he would be making decisions on the federal level, I used examples to show how strongly he feels about our rights. His message has never changed. He’s not afraid to speak out.

If you get a chance, go to his Facebook page, Mike Gibbons, there’s a very powerful video of him giving his speech at the rally that was held on March 10. If I can figure out how to get that video on here I will do it.

I also met with his opponent, Jim Renacci. That was a three hour conversation. I did not leave there feeling he was as passionate in protecting our rights as Mike Gibbons. When I ask if he would be proactive in furthering our rights in the state of Ohio, he stammered, he informed me that he had other issues that were more pressing. I would like to add, that conversation was during his gubernatorial run. I went as a representative of Ohio Carry to see if he was a candidate we could endorse for governor. We had already endorsed Mike for US Senate at that time.

Whatever you do, I urge you to do your research. Research the candidates, ask the important questions. Make your own decision.
Last edited by Carolyn on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolyn

Re: Mock straw poll, US Senate

Post by Carolyn »

I was able to locate the link let’s see if it works.

https://www.facebook.com/vanessa.treft/ ... 8496208890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;