Teachers feelings are important r/t having armed guards?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Teachers feelings are important r/t having armed guards?

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/hamilton-schoo ... ixG9vEiJO/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Besides security measures already in place in Hamilton Schools, the district may soon see the addition of more armed guards, classroom barricades and bullet-proof windows.

Those are just some of the options officials in the 10,000-student school system are exploring, Hamilton Interim Superintendent Larry Knapp reported to school board members Tuesday evening.

And teachers in the city schools will soon be surveyed as to how they would feel about having more armed personnel in their buildings, said the leader of the teachers’ union.
He said the city schools already have more armed School Resource Officers (SROs) patrolling buildings than ever in the history of the district.

But he added, “let me be very clear that we are not talking about arming teachers here,” as has been proposed by Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones, who has provided free Conceal Carry Weapon (CCW) training to dozens of area teachers since the Parkland, Fla. shooting in February.

Knapp said the district is working closely with Hamilton police officials, which supply the schools SROs, and any additional armed personnel would be trained and qualified by the city police.
Children are dying in schools from mass murderers, and the teachers union cares about how the teachers feelings of having someone being in the school and able to actually respond effectively to that mass murderer, to possibly reduce the number of dead or injured students that they claim to care about? :roll: By someone, it wasn't even talking about arming school teachers, but supposedly highly trained, super competent, uniformed SRO's with a badge that almost no politicians are opposed to.

Every employer I ever worked for never asked me how I felt about the employers decisions involving security or any other matter.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Teachers feelings are important r/t having armed guards?

Post by TSiWRX »

M-Quigley wrote: Every employer I ever worked for never asked me how I felt about the employers decisions involving security or any other matter.
Exactly.

I absolutely do not understand what "feelings" :roll: have to do with ANY of this.

Objectively, the problem is one of hardening our schools.

We have armed guards anywhere where we see the need for true security. From banks to airports to political rallies (for either party), how do we insure (or rather, just put on a better theater of) security?

There's a manned metal detector.

There's armed guards.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Teachers feelings are important r/t having armed guards?

Post by willbird »

I agree that the teachers feelings should not be part of a safety policy. I work in Industrial Maintenance and none of the safety policies put in place involve polling the workers first to see what their feelings are.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).