Americans for America – National 2nd Amendment Rights Rally?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Curzyk

Americans for America – National 2nd Amendment Rights Rally?

Post by Curzyk »

Saw this event on Reddit, but didn't see it anywhere on here. Is it legit, and is OFCC participating?

"Americans for America – National 2nd Amendment Rights Rally at All State Capitols"

Link: https://thenccpa.com/2018/03/18/america ... ica-rally/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With the support of thousands of American Patriots across this great country, we will assemble at every state capitol at 1pm CDT on Saturday April 14, 2018 to show our support for our 2nd Amendment rights and to support our Constitution as a whole.
I'm starting to think that if supporters of the second amendment can't assemble in numbers rivaling the (impassioned albeit misguided) "March For Our Lives" event, that we will lose ground regarding public support.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Americans for America – National 2nd Amendment Rights Ra

Post by Cruiser »

Without free bus and plane rides it will be hard to beat them!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I don't get to Columbus much anymore but the last time I went downtown parking was hard to come by. I would hate to go and not find a place to park.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

We had no trouble finding parking at the Rally for Our Rights a couple weeks ago - not free parking mind you, but inexpensive ($5) parking was available in many places. Since it is a Saturday, there are a lot fewer people looking for places to park downtown.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Cruiser wrote:Without free bus and plane rides it will be hard to beat them!
You forgot free food, free drinks, and a few other free things that were thrown in at the shoolchildrens rallies. :roll:
Plus, the 14-16 year olds aren't likely to have to miss work on a weekend like adults might, and the rally was supported by the teachers union, so they didn't have a problem going.

Back in the nineties there was a pro gun rally in D.C., an a saturday in the summertime, (and there might've been state rally's at the same time) but as I recall it had a big turnout. It was easier to plan for that, because there was plenty of advance notice, and more than just a couple of groups involved. Perhaps something like that again would be a more effective rally?
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I believe Chuck wrote we are doing this on the 21st because of bad press Patriot's Day gets.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yes, because this will get good press if held on some other day. :roll:
kcclark wrote:I believe Chuck wrote we are doing this on the 21st because of bad press Patriot's Day gets.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Wasn't the OKC bombing on April 19? If so wouldn't the 21st be worse than the 14th, if the press is going to use that to mischaracterize and slander it anyway?
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Let's go ahead and use 4/20, or has the marijuana movement laid claim to that? :? :wink:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Javelin Man wrote:Let's go ahead and use 4/20, or has the marijuana movement laid claim to that? :? :wink:
Hitler's Birthday April 20th..
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tru-Heathen wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:Let's go ahead and use 4/20, or has the marijuana movement laid claim to that? :? :wink:
Hitler's Birthday April 20th..
And also the 98th birtbday of a friend of mine, who happens to be Jewish, and an Army Air Corps veteran of WW2. He's outlived most all his contemporaries, that used to razz him about the bday coincidence. We take him to lunch, he picks up the tab, and we make the jokes now.

Anyway, the state and national level pro-gun groups need to get their ducks in a row and agree on one single date for a bunch of rallies across the U.S.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I agree, if there is a conflicting date it need to be unconflicted. Splitting forces on 2 separate and close together dates virtually guarentees low turnout, little alone people already looking for a third elbow i.e. ''excuses are like elbows everyone's got a couple.''

FYI all, I did PM several of the Honchos here with this several days ago. Its not like ***, **, and **** doesn't know.

Here's another write up on another forum (also sent in the PM)...

http://m14forum.com/gun-rights/438626-h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ics/438626

Also re: ''We had no trouble finding parking at the Rally for Our Rights a couple weeks ago - not free parking mind you, but inexpensive ($5) parking was available in many places....'' .It would be nice for those of us who haven't been to Columbus for a Rally for a decade :roll: or more for some parking options explained? Like, due east of the Statehouse on 3rd street, 1 block away North on Lynn XYZ lot always has empty spots, etc.

thnx!
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WhyNot wrote:Also re: ''We had no trouble finding parking at the Rally for Our Rights a couple weeks ago - not free parking mind you, but inexpensive ($5) parking was available in many places....'' .It would be nice for those of us who haven't been to Columbus for a Rally for a decade :roll: or more for some parking options explained? Like, due east of the Statehouse on 3rd street, 1 block away North on Lynn XYZ lot always has empty spots, etc.
I just parked in the Statehouse underground garage (access from 3 of the 4 streets surrounding the Statehouse and grounds). That was after the event organizers talked with OHP to clarify that firearms were permitted to be carried from vehicles to the grounds as long as they weren't carried into the Statehouse.

Many people were not comfortable with that (understandably) and chose to park elsewhere. Here's a website to help with finding parking:

https://www.bestparking.com/columbus-parking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

JustaShooter wrote:I just parked in the Statehouse underground garage (access from 3 of the 4 streets surrounding the Statehouse and grounds). That was after the event organizers talked with OHP to clarify that firearms were permitted to be carried from vehicles to the grounds as long as they weren't carried into the Statehouse.

Many people were not comfortable with that (understandably) and chose to park elsewhere. Here's a website to help with finding parking:

https://www.bestparking.com/columbus-parking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The last event I participated in for OFCC was a "talk to the politicians" day and I parked underground, too. Made it really easy to use my car as a locker to stash my coat.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

WhyNot wrote:It would be nice for those of us who haven't been to Columbus for a Rally for a decade :roll: or more for some parking options explained? Like, due east of the Statehouse on 3rd street, 1 block away North on Lynn XYZ lot always has empty spots, etc.
Maybe it would be easier if we just set up a valet for you? :roll:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852