Americans for America – National 2nd Amendment Rights Rally?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JonasM

Re: Americans for America – National 2nd Amendment Rights Ra

Post by JonasM »

Last time I attended a rally at the Statehouse (on a Saturday) I found a number of parking lots under $10 just north of the square. It was close enough that I didn't have any uneasiness about pulling out my AR, slinging it across my shoulders and heading the block or two to the Statehouse.

Lots of parking available. Have a quick scan of google earth to get the lay of the land, and you'll be fine.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

M-Quigley wrote:Wasn't the OKC bombing on April 19? If so wouldn't the 21st be worse than the 14th, if the press is going to use that to mischaracterize and slander it anyway?
The massacre at Lexington and the battle of Concord were on April 19, 1775. Reveres' ride was the 18th.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Re; ''It would be nice for those of us who haven't been....

''The primary reason for my personal reasoning- close parking availablity has passed being, disabled Vet coming with me. Obviously ''us'' references more than 1 person, as I also included any reader who wasn't informed on parking ''downtown.''

To those unknown folk I am sad to inform, no valet parking 8) will be available.

However , back to the topic of an April 14th rally, is there yet any info on this conflicting with the 21st rally??
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
RC1959

Post by RC1959 »

WhyNot wrote:I agree, if there is a conflicting date it need to be unconflicted. Splitting forces on 2 separate and close together dates virtually guarentees low turnout, little alone people already looking for a third elbow i.e. ''excuses are like elbows everyone's got a couple.''

FYI all, I did PM several of the Honchos here with this several days ago. Its not like ***, **, and **** doesn't know.

thnx!
So is there any endorsement or not recommended by OFCC on this event?
- seems Oathkeepers is supporting it, but I'm not familiar with the advertised "coalition"

I understand about the endorsed 4/21 event...
OFCC Patron
NRA Life Member
RWVA Member: Have you tried Appleseed yet? http://appleseedinfo.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Infidel
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I personally, have had an informal event every year event on Patriots Day every year for several years now.
Way back in February OFCC decided we would have a formal event, pay for a permit and everything, this year
(actually, we decided this last year, but I chose not to for personal reasons)

The event you are talking about became know to us only recently, and after our arrangements for Patriots Day had been made.
Naturally, we support any event supporting promoting gun rights in our great state, but we aren't going to cancel/postpone our event because of it.
Wouldn't it have been great id their event was on the same day as ours? I wonder how they arrived at their date, and why it wasn't advertised sooner?

Anyway, I am planning on being their at their event, and of course being at ours.
I hope you all join me.

I don't know the people sponsoring this event, so it is difficult to say I support thiere mission
I told them they are free to post their event in our forums,and they haven't
Make if that what you will
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Sorry, I'm a little confused here. Is there two rallies going on here at the state house? Patriots Day on 4-14 and OFCC on 4-21? And what time are the rallies?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

qmti wrote:Sorry, I'm a little confused here. Is there two rallies going on here at the state house? Patriots Day on 4-14 and OFCC on 4-21? And what time are the rallies?
The Patriots Day Rally is the OFCC sponsored rally on the 21st. It starts at 11am.

There is also a rally on the 14th that starts at 2pm. This rally was organized by a different group that is trying to get a nation-wide rally at each state's capitol. Unfortunately, they waited until well after the OFCC Patriots Day Rally was organized before they contacted us. So, two rallies it is.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

JustaShooter wrote:
qmti wrote:Sorry, I'm a little confused here. Is there two rallies going on here at the state house? Patriots Day on 4-14 and OFCC on 4-21? And what time are the rallies?
The Patriots Day Rally is the OFCC sponsored rally on the 21st. It starts at 11am.

There is also a rally on the 14th that starts at 2pm. This rally was organized by a different group that is trying to get a nation-wide rally at each state's capitol. Unfortunately, they waited until well after the OFCC Patriots Day Rally was organized before they contacted us. So, two rallies it is.
Thanks for the clarification.