Complete list of official law changes?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

LeiraHoward

Complete list of official law changes?

Post by LeiraHoward »

Is there somewhere that has a complete list of actual enacted law changes in Ohio? Things have changed so much since my first CHL application in 2008, and I find that it is difficult to follow which things changed here and there. Laws regarding whether you needed to recertify on second renewal, laws on which buildings you can (and can't) carry in... and of course, information found on the internet is often out of date and may be referring to a law which has since been changed. And some things refer to laws that were in committee but never actually passed.

I do know that I can find the booklet on the current carry laws on the OAG's site, but it would be nice to be able to find a complete reference, so if someone says "oh, you can't do X," I could look it up and say "oh, yes, that was the case back in 2010, but then the new law passed in 2012 changed it to this." I did a few searches of the forum and the internet but haven't found anything like this, so thought maybe someone could help.

(As a side note, when I got my CHL, I thought the attorney general page called it a CHL... and now it says CCW? Was that another change I missed?)

Thanks!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Complete list of official law changes?

Post by JustaShooter »

There may be such a list out there but I'm not aware of it. I worry less about when changes happened as I do what current law is. For that, I just go to http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - that contains the majority of Ohio law applicable to firearms and carrying (though there are others).

It's not as hard to read as it looks at first. Once you get used to how things are phrased it's not too bad at all.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!