Columbus announces gun control proposals

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Columbus announces gun control proposals

Post by Javelin Man »

on my TARGET RIFLE
You mean Sniper Rifle! :wink: :roll:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

LoL
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The Ohio House is preparing to strip away more gun regulations making it easier to use lethal force in self-defense. This comes as the new House leader says Republican members aren’t close to approving new gun control measures.

SNIP

New Republican House Speaker Ryan Smith says he takes the issue of gun violence seriously, but these laws are unlikely to stop criminals.

“There’s no gun law in America that’s going to stop a lot of this. I mean criminals don’t abide by the law by their very nature so it’s not to say that we’re insensitive to it or don’t want to do something on it, it’s just people are very protective of the Second Amendment,” says Smith who added that he’ll ask his caucus if there’s any middle ground on other provisions.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

I haven't been able to find any news article on this but I just noticed that Columbus filed the following notice with the Ohio Supreme Court in the OFCC vs Columbus appeal case:
Appellees, the City of Columbus and City Attorney Zach Klein, submit for the Court’s consideration notice that Columbus City Code 2323.171 banning rate-of-fire acceleration firearm accessories was repealed by the City of Columbus on December 18, 2019 pursuant to Ordinance 3189-2019. A true and accurate copy of the ordinance is attached to this Notice. The City’s weapons under disability ordinance, Columbus City Code 2323.13, remains in full force and effect.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

It is an attempt to get the state supreme court to not take up the case because it is now moot.

Currently they have an appeals court ruling that says member organizations like OFCC have no standing to sue in Franklin County.
Whatever the supreme court decides will be for the entire state.

Naturally, we are pursuing our right to sue for our members
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)