Saturday March 10th event in Columbus

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Saturday March 10th event in Columbus

Post by M-Quigley »

Just for the benefit of whoever might be interested in this but missed the original thread because they might not normally check that subforum, (I just now found out about it) there is a rally on March 10th at 1pm in Columbus, details here.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... y#p4386874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Re: Saturday March 10th event in Columbus

Post by pirateguy191 »

TTT
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''.... but missed the original thread because they might not normally check that subforum, (I just now found out about it) there is a rally....''

Well, that's kinda like the new definition of SHORT NOTICE!

Someone dropped the ball here IMHO! ! ! ! ! I have a one (1) day notice with a flexible schedule that isn't flexible, in less than 24hrs :evil:
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

It’s been on Facebook, and the original thread was posted Feb 27.

There is a board feature called New Posts and one called Unread Posts on the top left of the board home page. Even if you do not view every board, all new or unread posts from every sub forum show up in those.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Mustang380gal wrote:It’s been on Facebook, and the original thread was posted Feb 27.

There is a board feature called New Posts and one called Unread Posts on the top left of the board home page. Even if you do not view every board, all new or unread posts from every sub forum show up in those.
My Bookmark is saved with Unread Posts that way I never miss any post! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Regardless, it was kinda short notice from the organizers, Ohio Carry. But we need to remind the statehouse folks that gun owners should be thought of as the third rail of politics. We need to remind them more than we do. I'd say another, bigger event should be put together by ALL the statewide gun groups, when the weather is nicer. But not during the House/Senate summer recess.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I go to .....every forum that I am interested in, and then look at the right hand dated column ''Last Post'' , then look down for recent posts from there. For example I do not look at the Womens Forum, etc. ''View new posts • " is a nice feature but at best only points someone towards forums that they are... interested in. Hey....good idea for the future :!:

By any stretch of the imagination, this being a state level event based on national events, of which multiple levels of potential restrictions are being legislated, IMHO the post should have been immediately linked to the Ohio forum, at a minimum.

Again, will change my viewing of this forum i.e. using the View new posts • feature in the future thnx :!:
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

WhyNot wrote:I go to .....every forum that I am interested in,
Evidently... you’re not interested in events
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I wish to clarify something about the OP. I am not complaining about it being in the events section, (a section I don't normally check but probably will in the future) I was merely trying to inform anyone else who may have missed it like I did.

If someone is going to the event on I-70 eastbound, like say from Springfield to Columbus, anyone have a good suggested route to get to the parking garage? I know the answer is possibly on facebook but I don't have a facebook account.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Cruiser wrote:
Mustang380gal wrote:It’s been on Facebook, and the original thread was posted Feb 27.

My Bookmark is saved with Unread Posts that way I never miss any post! :roll:
Apologies.
It is New, Unanswered, and Active Topics.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

WhyNot wrote:I go to .....every forum that I am interested in, and then look at the right hand dated column ''Last Post'' , then look down for recent posts from there. For example I do not look at the Womens Forum, etc. ''View new posts • " is a nice feature but at best only points someone towards forums that they are... interested in. Hey....good idea for the future :!:

By any stretch of the imagination, this being a state level event based on national events, of which multiple levels of potential restrictions are being legislated, IMHO the post should have been immediately linked to the Ohio forum, at a minimum.

Again, will change my viewing of this forum i.e. using the View new posts • feature in the future thnx :!:
I am not sure what you mean by that. I see all kinds of for sale posts listed in my unread posts--new posts--or whatever. I don't go to for sale posts much at all. I don't use the mark forum read feature, so I am not sure if that changes things.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''Evidently... you’re not interested in events''

THANK YOU CHUCK FOR YOUR TIRELESS 2A SUPPORT HERE AT THIS FORUM, COLUMBUS , ETC A REAL ASSET, AND EXAMPLE

Yes I am interested, call my Congress Critters local state Fed, donate $$ NRA and others, volunteer at the range other various etc.

''I wish to clarify something about the OP. I am not complaining about it being in the events section, (a section I don't normally check but probably will in the future) I was merely trying to inform anyone else who may have missed it like I did. M-Q'' THANK YOU :)

I will use the topic search thingie (as described) in the future :D That's all folks, post up how the Rally went plz!
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:I'd say another, bigger event should be put together by ALL the statewide gun groups,
The only group missing in this event that I'm aware of is BFA, of which two things:

One: If anyone knows how to get them involved in an event like this, please, take action. They were made aware of this event and have not responded, much less offered their support.

Two: I hesitate to call them an Ohio firearm rights advocacy group these days. They don't seem to be doing anything more than raising money though raffles, running the FASTER program, and posting on social media. They've been ignoring their members for quite some time, and now their forums have been "down for maintenance" for over two weeks. They've fought *against* the interests of Ohio gun owners in the legislation they've recently supported and opposed, and have endorsed an candidate in the Republican primary for Governor who is *at best* characterized as not being pro-gun rights.

</rant>

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^^ He's right you know.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

< snip >
.... and have endorsed a candidate in the Republican primary for Governor who is *at best* characterized as not being pro-gun rights.
Dewine transformed his"team" into "being pro-gun rights" by making Jon Husted an offer he couldn't resist. :twisted: