Proposed Ohio "Assault Weapons" ban, Mandatory Disposal

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bamafan7

Re: Proposed Ohio "Assault Weapons" ban, Mandatory Disposal

Post by bamafan7 »

Wrote my Rep, Roegner, yesterday.
"We must all fear evil men. But, there is another kind of evil which we must fear most…and that is the indifference of good men."
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Just emailed my Senator Huffman to oppose the SB 260 along with my opinion (respectfully).
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

Telephoned Representative and Senator.
E-mailed Representative and Senator.
Snail mail sent to Representative and Senator.
Ready to fire another salvo.
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Sky Pilot wrote:Telephoned Representative and Senator.
Now *that* is how it is done! Kudos!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Sky Pilot wrote:Telephoned Representative and Senator.
I like the cut of your jib, Sir. 8)
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
bridog45040

Post by bridog45040 »

How many will actaully give up their weapons to these jackasses even if this passes? Seriously, who in their right mind will give up their means of protection to people who just as quickly would spin the rifle around and shoot you with it? They can talk all they want about passing laws and criminalizing hundreds of thousands of Ohioans. Maybe these libs actually need to quit talking about taking our artillery and “let’s get to the rat killing” as The Duke would say.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Throw EVERYONE of them that's up for reelection, out! Out of office!! ''Will the local grocer hire them er, it?'' should be the only question :?: left unanswered

I liked & remember candidate Trump tossing the detractors who were at rallies simply to disrupt... ''OUT!'' ''Out!'' ''get him outta here!'' hehe
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

More anti-gun bills proposed in Ohio.
Will GOP go along? Pair of Senate Democrats roll out package of gun bills
A pair of Democratic senators, including a retired Cincinnati police officer, unveiled a package of gun safety legislation Monday, including increasing the minimum age to purchase a firearm and requiring that guns be registered with law enforcement.

“As a lawmaker, it is my duty to represent the people and the people have spoken: enough is enough, and it should have been enough many years ago,” said Sen. Cecil Thomas, D-Cincinnat, the former police officer. “These bills are meant to create a more-regulated process that makes it harder for guns to fall into the hands of criminals.”
“That’s just plain, old common sense,” Thomas said at a press conference in Cincinnati.
As soon as I read "common sense," I know this guy is a problem. :(

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180326/w ... -gun-bills
bsctov

Post by bsctov »

This is the REAL deal ladies and gentlemen, we need to get out there and make our voices heard.

Make no mistake, our rights are under full attack from the left, and we need to be as vigilant as ever before.

Find out who your state reps are and contact them, write them a letter, send an email.

Tell them in a very polite, yet direct way, that it's simply unacceptable to punish Ohio gun owners for the acts of a deranged lunatic. Ask them to oppose the "Assault Weapons Ban" as well as any expansion of Ohio's weapon disabilities ("Bringing Ohio into line with federal law" on domestic violence is a terrible idea, that after researching, would strip thousands of Ohioan's of their right to protect themselves because Ohio's definition of Domestic Violence is overly broad (Includes roommates, siblings, and anyone who lives with you in general.) This is a far cry from simply "Mirroring federal law", and is, in fact, a dramatic expansion of this prohibition.

Spread the word, and keep up the pressure.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

zeko wrote:The authors of Senate Bill 260 (Ohio state senators Skindell and Tavares) seem to be trying to prove they are "more anti-gun than thou" . . . SB260 would:

Establish a "firearms and ammunition database";

Outlaw any operable automatic firearm;

Outlaw any semiautomatic firearm capable of accepting a magazine holding ten or more rounds;

Outlaw any semiautomatic firearm with a fixed magazine accepting ten or more rounds.

No distinction is made by caliber, or by long gun or handgun. This one would outlaw most handguns as well as most .22 rifles I know about. Seems to me to be a severe case of virtue signaling.

Co-sponsors consist of 5 other Democrats, all from big cities. No committee specified as yet -- hopefully it dies a natural death.

Zeko
Their names and address'es should be posted for future use.
Black Rifles Matter