How do you follow the progress of specific bills?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

williaty

How do you follow the progress of specific bills?

Post by williaty »

From time to time, I hear of specific House or Senate bills referred to, or come across a news story about them, and it's old enough that it's unclear what's going on with them today. Is there any way to start from a bill number, find out if there's a corresponding House/Senate (whichever I don't already know), find out what its status is with regards to hearings, etc and then track its progress towards becoming law?

Basically, I want to be able to figure out what's going on and when I have an opportunity to make a difference with it even if it's not one of the issues Buckeye Firearms repeatedly emails about.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: How do you follow the progress of specific bills?

Post by JustaShooter »

Sure is - go here: https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... islation?1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and enter the bill number (just the number part) where it says Legislation Number and hit Submit. It will list all legislation with that number - and select House Bill or Senate Bill under Legislation Type if you know which you are looking for and it will just give you that type.

Once you click on the bill, you'll get a summary page and can click on Status and find out what is happening with the bill. Keep in mind that the status is usually a few days behind so if something just happened with the bill it won't be listed for a few days.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: How do you follow the progress of specific bills?

Post by rickt »

I maintain a spreadsheet to track the progress of all the gun-related bills:

https://mega.nz/#!tLgGRJLS!eNNS-6J8u9Q2 ... NkTd6dW4SU