Attorney says foes of gun range have no shot at stopping it

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Attorney says foes of gun range have no shot at stopping it

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Came across this in my facebook feed. I'll have to make my way over there to add to the noise.
Residents packed Monday night’s township trustee meeting to voice concerns about the noise from a shooting range that recently opened, but it appears there’s not much that can be done to stop the business from operating.

“The bottom line is, nothing you guys have said has fallen on deaf ears,” one of the owners, Ryan Allen, said. “I cannot make things grow any faster than they do. Unfortunately, things have to happen in a certain order, in construction, or they just aren’t going to work.”

Allen said he and his partner, Jeff Holdeman, are planning to use foliage at the facility to dampen the sound from the range. He said it will take time for the plants to grow, and they also can’t plant foliage until construction is complete.

“It doesn’t make sense to plant things in a place a cement truck has to drive over a week from now,” Allen said.

The owners also said they’re willing to work with residents.

“We listen to each and every one of you when you talk — not so much when you yell at us, belittle us and make fun of us,” Allen said. “Whoever wants to talk with us, we’re fine with.”

http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-News/20 ... ng-it.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tru-Heathen

Re: Attorney says foes of gun range have no shot at stopping

Post by Tru-Heathen »

O.R.C. 504.04

(B) No resolution adopted pursuant to this chapter shall do any of the following:

(6) Establish regulations affecting hunting, trapping, fishing, or the possession, use, or sale of firearms;

This means townships have no authority to regulate firearms.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tru-Heathen wrote:O.R.C. 504.04

(B) No resolution adopted pursuant to this chapter shall do any of the following:

(6) Establish regulations affecting hunting, trapping, fishing, or the possession, use, or sale of firearms;

And, they resent it almost as much as not being able to directly create tax levies.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Tru-Heathen wrote:O.R.C. 504.04

But, they do have the zoning authority, but the residents didn't raise any issues during the zoning procedure, so they lost.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Yes, that window is closed.

They can go pound sand.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

I've been at the facility. I can't believe that the noise can be more bothersome than the freeway (the range is just north of I-90). There is a pretty reasonable distance to the nearest residences. Even when on the site, in a classroom with open doors, the noise level was not bad.

I suspect it's not the volume, it's the fact that it's gunfire. I don't believe any rifles were being used the day I was there.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Maybe these malcontents should write their elected officials and demand passage of the hearing preservation act?
HancockCountyHaL