LEO Input Wanted !!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

LEO Input Wanted !!

Postby Chuck » Fri May 26, 2017 11:50 pm

OFCC would very much like hearing from our law enforcement friends who happen to agree with us that CHL notification law is unnecessary, and ought to be repealed.
This is a good chance to have a personal impact on the laws we live under in this great state.
I may want you to meet some other folks
Please PM me if interested

Chuck
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: LEO Input Wanted !!

Postby walnut red » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:04 am

Are you asking LEOs to go against their Union and other professional organizations?
walnut red

Postby Chuck » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 am

Chuck wrote:Please PM me if interested

Chuck
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Postby djthomas » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:35 am

walnut red wrote:Are you asking LEOs to go against their Union and other professional organizations?

For all of their faults the FOP and OPBA really don't care when individual members publicly stake out positions contrary to the official platform. As long as you don't claim to be speaking on behalf of the organization they will defend your right to speak your mind as a private citizen who happens to be a member of the union. Sure, if you are on or trying to get on the local board you may (but won't necessarily) have some trouble come next election but that's democracy for you.

Ironically it's the non-union guys like those who serve in a part time or reserve capacity that are the most hesitant to speak out. They can be kicked to the curb by the department at the drop of a hat. I'm quite sure that if a member of the FOP were to be disciplined by his employer for telling his local legislator "Hi, I'm John Doe. I want to be clear I'm not speaking on behalf of Anytown or the FOP. Based on my years of experience as a police officer, I believe..." that city would be buried in grievances before the close of business.

By the way Chuck, if you're wondering why you haven't heard from me, that's why. I have, however, had personal conversations with the legislators in both my home and work districts and they seemed to appreciate what I shared.
Never ask if you can carry at a non-posted place, but always ask why you cannot at one that is!
Just because they offer call ahead seating doesn't mean you call ahead for carry permission.
djthomas

Postby Chuck » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:07 am

I won't judge nor criticize anyone based on their inactivity or reluctance to step into the spotlight.
We do what we can, when we can, and if you can't, you can't.
Maybe you can do something else.

I never worry about you, DJ
Ain't activism fun?

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Postby bignflnut » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Chuck wrote:I won't judge nor criticize anyone based on their inactivity or reluctance to step into the spotlight.
We do what we can, when we can, and if you can't, you can't.
Maybe you can do something else.

I never worry about you, DJ

For all the talk of heroism/patriotism/love of country...(sigh)...Happy 4th of July
“A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”
-Thomas Jefferson, 1774

Tweed Ring: "...we should have all done more to elected Republicans..." Agreed
bignflnut

Postby xpd54 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 pm

I know it's late, but if you still need help with this let me know.
".....in the end we must still slosh our way through the factbound morass of reasonableness."
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in Scott v. Harris

The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not been reviewed or approved by my employer.

My Blog
xpd54

Postby Mustang380gal » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 pm

I think we do, xpd54.

We still need input about LEO stating that notification is for officer safety. If you can help in any way, please PM Chuck.

Thanks!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Return to Tweed Ring's Ohio Politics and Legislation