Governor's Race

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Governor's Race

Post by schmieg »

rickt wrote:RE: Cordray. Pro-gun Democrats have a history of switching sides once they reach the national stage, Kristin Gillibrand of NY being one example. We'll have to wait and see if Cordray was "tainted" by his sojourn in Washington.
I do recall that he had to recant some of his pro-gun positions to take the agency appointment. Whether that was sincere or not is the same question that is being posed about DeWine. Accordingly, neither one is that attractive.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''....have a history of switching sides once they reach the national stage...''

Ditto of all people, Al Gore Jr. While in TN was pro gun, anti tax, anti abortion. Flip the Scrip when going national...and then REALLY went off the road after that ! ! !
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Truthfully, if I take Husted out of the equation, Mary Taylor is the most pro-gun in my personal experience.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Chuck wrote:Truthfully, if I take Husted out of the equation, Mary Taylor is the most pro-gun in my personal experience.
I sort of like Mary and she has been supportive of us in the past, but I haven't ruled out Renacci yet either.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Taylor / Renacci ?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Here's a few interesting comments about the Governors race, on both the Republican and Democratic candidates

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/sta ... SN5hKyovI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DeWine-Husted ticket called governor’s race ‘dream team’ by GOP state senator
Husted said he’s been traveling the state hearing Republicans say they are tired of intraparty fighting.

“Republicans have been fighting with each other long enough. Had I continued my run for Governor, Mike and I would have fought a brutal campaign that would have left the winner bruised and broken with only a few months to rebuild in time for the General Election,” Husted wrote in an emailed message to supporters.

“It’s time to work together,” Husted said at the news conference. “And that day begins today.”
Taylor announced at a Thursday afternoon news conference that she will stay in the race.

“Ohio wants a governor who will challenge the satus quo, not accede to it,” Taylor said. “We won’t get there, however, with old and typical answers offered by establishment politicians, who are more comfortable being part of the system than challenging it.”
Renacci’s campaign also said the DeWine-Husted ticket is the status quo.

“Career politicians Mike DeWine and Jon Husted have joined forces to offer voters a ticket with over 60 years in politics,” Renacci spokesman James Slepian said. “If they think this what Ohioans are looking for, they’re running in the wrong party’s primary.”
Here is an endorsement (sort of) for Dewine/Husted :roll:

I
n an email to supporters, Whaley called the DeWine-Husted team a “nightmare.”
“If they win, it would be a decade-long nightmare for Ohioans,” she said.
On the downside, there's this:
Former Republican Gov. Bob Taft said the DeWine-Husted ticket reminded him of the 1989 primary, when he, George Voinovich and DeWine each ran for governor. Voinovich and DeWine joined together to craft a winning ticket for 1990, while Taft went on to become secretary of state.
And last but not least, there's these two on the Dem side :roll:
Some observers believe Dennis Kucinich, former Democratic congressman and Cleveland mayor, will run. He could not be reached for comment.
http://www.whio.com/news/local-govt--po ... LGF2oo3zI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A former exotic dancer who went by the name Luscious Larry is launching a second bid for Ohio governor.

Larry Ealy of Trotwood has picked up petitions to run in the May 8 Democratic Primary, according to the Montgomery County Board of Elections.
In 2014 Ealy and running mate Ken Gray of Cincinnati received 17,197 votes — 17 percent of those cast statewide — in the Democratic primary against former Cuyahoga County Executive Ed FitzGerald and Sharen Schwartz Neuhardt of Yellow Springs. FitzGerald won the primary with 83 percent of the vote but lost the general election to Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

During an interview at the time, Ealy said that he was running because he believed “the Jewish Democratic party is behind the deprivation and the conspiracy to keep black people deprived of all civil rights.”
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

WhyNot wrote:Taylor / Renacci ?
I second that AND in that order, but Rennaci will never play second fiddle, so I'd gladly settle for a Renacci / Taylor ticket.

IMO, Husted has hurt his reputation with gun owners at this point.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".