Governor's Race

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

FormerNavy

Re: Governor's Race

Post by FormerNavy »

Looks like DeWine is going to get Husted as his running mate....

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/p ... 907479001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

FormerNavy wrote:Looks like DeWine is going to get Husted as his running mate....

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/p ... 907479001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That little tidbit was posted on OFCC's FB page and Husteds reputation is....and probably will.....take a hit in the future as a pro-gun candidate for ANY gov. office in the future.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I automatically like, .002 seconds, thought ''look at another potential candidate''. Who that is, how long I stay there is another matter.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

That was a bit of a kick in the teeth
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay Chuck, Morne, Mustang380, Navy Chief, Jedi, Mr McMcgoo, Schmieg, 3 Fullmags+1, jgarvas (chuckle, snort)...who is OFCC gonna endorse for goobernater now? Renacci or Taylor? I certainly hope you don't say "DeWine", I'd rather cross the aisle and vote Communist or Green Party.

If I left out an active coord/mod with a seat at the Big Table, just an oversight, sorry.
Last edited by Brian D. on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Chuck wrote:That was a bit of a kick in the teeth
Ain't that the truth!

Well, for me, anyway, Renacci is looking better and better. I am NOT speaking on behalf of OFCC.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Mustang380gal wrote:
Chuck wrote:That was a bit of a kick in the teeth
Ain't that the truth!

Well, for me, anyway, Renacci is looking better and better. I am NOT speaking on behalf of OFCC.
Likewise, and ditto.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:Okay Chuck, Morne, Mustang380, Navy Chief, Jedi, Mr McMcgoo, Schmieg, 3 Fullmags+1, jgarvas (chuckle, snort)...who is OFCC gonna endorse for goobernater now? Renacci or Taylor? I certainly hope you don't say "DeWine", I'd rather cross the aisle and vote Communist or Green Party.
What about me? I'm hurt that you would forget me. Pierced through the heart! Mortally wounded!
Brian D. wrote:If I left out an active coord/mod with a seat at the Big Table, just an oversight, sorry.
Oh. Right. No worries! :wink:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

qmti wrote:
Morne wrote:His time as a US Senator was unkind to gun owners:

DeWine on Guns

Husted or Rennaci (even Taylor) would make better choices for the pro-2A crowd. Keep an eye out for something about that in the coming weeks from your friendly, neighborhood Ohio gun groups like OFCC...
Thanks, I guess my memory hasn't diminished that much.
Not the ticket I had hoped for. Looks like Husted took a deal to stay in Ohio politics. If Dewine is elected any pro-gun legislation would have a uphill battle. Husted's voice would probably be muted by Dewine's. Too bad.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Brian D. wrote:Okay Chuck, Morne, Mustang380, Navy Chief, Jedi, Mr McMcgoo, Schmieg, 3 Fullmags+1, jgarvas (chuckle, snort)...who is OFCC gonna endorse for goobernater now? Renacci or Taylor? I certainly hope you don't say "DeWine", I'd rather cross the aisle and vote Communist or Green Party.

If I left out an active coord/mod with a seat at the Big Table, just an oversight, sorry.
No decision has been made.

Like the others, I PERSONALLY lean towards Renacci. Candidates that have outshot me on the pistol range get good marks in my eyes.

I find it very unlikely that any Ohio gun group would endorse Mike DeWine.

Stay tuned.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Politics, *sigh

And politicians,,,, *S I G H .
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

If this turns out to be the final outcome, there's Quid Pro Quo on display right out there in the open. (Rough and tumble politics for those that have the assets to compete.)
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

I am not offering an endorsement, nor should this be implied as one, but here are some things folks should know about Mike DeWine:
  1. History as a Public Official:
    Greene County Prosecutor: 1977-1980
    Ohio Senate: 1981-1982
    U.S. House of Representatives: 1983-1990
    Ohio Lieutenant Governor: 1991-1994
    U.S. Senate: 1995-2007
    Ohio Attorney General: 2011-Present
  2. I have seen Mike DeWine at a number of GOP and Ohio prosecutor events over the years. Every time I have seen him, he is always "working the room." He is a consummate campaigner.

Mr. DeWine is not one to be underestimated.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Werz wrote:I have seen Mike DeWine at a number of GOP and Ohio prosecutor events over the years. Every time I have seen him, he is always "working the room." He is a consummate campaigner.
Mr. DeWine is not one to be underestimated.
Likewise I've seen him at several law enforcement conferences sponsored by his office/BCI and this is spot on. He's not a tall guy ... in fact he's rather short, but he's definitely the biggest guy in the room.

He was at the Velez funeral last year and I saw him in one of the foyers outside the mens room. I definitely got that "working the room" vibe. He wasn't doing anything inappropriate mind you but just the smooth handshake to handshake with a quick backslap for anybody who is anyone was hard to miss. In our lobby with 30 people I'd bet he knew or made it seem like he knew at least 10 of them personally, and along the way he met 20 more.

He's also a Miami grad. Nothing wrong with that. ;)
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Werz wrote: Mr. DeWine is not one to be underestimated.
I figured that. That's why I am a bit worried. I think he will end up winning, which may not be so good for Ohio in general, and us as CHL holders in particular.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!