Governor's Race

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Governor's Race

Post by qmti »

With age comes diminished memory. So help me out here. Wasn't it Senator Dewine and Senator Voinovich years ago that were anti-gun and voted against some pro gun legislation? Granted Dewine has done his job by supporting pro gun laws which is his "job" being State Attorney General but would Jon Husted be the better pick for a Republican governor? Not endorsing anyone with this inquiring.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Governor's Race

Post by Morne »

His time as a US Senator was unkind to gun owners:

DeWine on Guns

Husted or Rennaci (even Taylor) would make better choices for the pro-2A crowd. Keep an eye out for something about that in the coming weeks from your friendly, neighborhood Ohio gun groups like OFCC...
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

There's no question in my mind that Jon Husted would make an outstanding governor for Ohio. Check him out.
http://www.jonhusted.com/about" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Morne wrote:His time as a US Senator was unkind to gun owners:

DeWine on Guns

Husted or Rennaci (even Taylor) would make better choices for the pro-2A crowd. Keep an eye out for something about that in the coming weeks from your friendly, neighborhood Ohio gun groups like OFCC...
Thanks, I guess my memory hasn't diminished that much.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

curmudgeon3 wrote:There's no question in my mind that Jon Husted would make an outstanding governor for Ohio. Check him out.
Hope me makes it to the pip again this year.
Black Rifles Matter
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

steves 50de wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:There's no question in my mind that Jon Husted would make an outstanding governor for Ohio. Check him out.
Hope me makes it to the pip again this year.
Yeah, that would be to our mutual benefit.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

I personally believe Husted would be a much better choice, but DeWine has the name recognition and may be a hard candidate to beat in the primary.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

schmieg wrote:I personally believe Husted would be a much better choice, but DeWine has the name recognition and may be a hard candidate to beat in the primary.
DeWine has a nagging problem, he's waaay past his prime.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay, which potential governor candidates have their Ohio LTCACH and actually carry regularely? I think we should threaten to "thumbs down" any and all who don't meet that standard.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

^^Good idea. I'd like to know the answer to that question.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

WestonDon wrote:^^Good idea. I'd like to know the answer to that question.
I'm not so sure about that; when one reveals they carry concealed they are giving up the advantage of defensive surprise !! So there's that.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Meh. Typical street scum, most frequent source of criminal attack, don't usually vote, much less know a candidate from a carpet cleaner.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:Okay, which potential governor candidates have their Ohio LTCACH and actually carry regularely? I think we should threaten to "thumbs down" any and all who don't meet that standard.
I know Husted has his Ohio LTCACH and was carrying the last time I met him. The other candidates, I can't say for sure - though I seem to recall Mary Taylor having hers?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:Okay, which potential governor candidates have their Ohio LTCACH and actually carry regularely? I think we should threaten to "thumbs down" any and all who don't meet that standard.
A candidate carrying doesn't always say what they're politics are for regular people. Look at some of the hypocritic politicians that support gun control, yet have carried guns themselves. (Capizi, Feinstein, etc)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:
A candidate carrying doesn't always say what they're politics are for regular people. Look at some of the hypocritic politicians that support gun control, yet have carried guns themselves. (Capizi, Feinstein, etc)
Husted and Taylor have both been supporters of our movement.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand