HB 142 Duty to Inform

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

HB 142 Duty to Inform

Post by troy bilt »

Is it April 1st already? Removal or Duty to Inform would be great.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 132-HB-142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: HB 142 Duty to Inform

Post by djmac1964 »

WKYC Channel 3 Cleveland posted this up on their Facebook page, the comments are unreal.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

troy bilt wrote:Is it April 1st already? Removal or Duty to Inform would be great.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 132-HB-142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can thank a group of OFCC volunteers, who spent two days meeting with our representatives at the state house, for getting this introduced.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

djmac1964 wrote:
troy bilt wrote:Is it April 1st already? Removal or Duty to Inform would be great.

You can thank a group of OFCC volunteers, who spent two days meeting with our representatives at the state house, for getting this introduced.
I would love to thank them. I would also love to join them. Somehow I missed the invite. Thats probably my fault I check this site often but mostly/only the Forums page.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

djmac1964 wrote:WKYC Channel 3 Cleveland posted this up on their Facebook page, the comments are unreal.
Here's a link if interested
https://www.facebook.com/WKYC.Channel3/ ... 3630509274
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Now we're getting somewhere!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I support the HB142. I feel the present law is entrapment for law abiding carriers. Every LE has a different opinion on how fast you need to notify them that you are carrying and this is the problem. And during a traffic stop or accident every officer on site has to be notified that you are carrying that you come in contact with. Or any interaction with LE weather official or any casual (which the officer could deem to be official). I have no problem informing a LE even if HB142 is passed. There will always be supporters and opponents to every issue out there. I have sent an email to my legislator to support this bill.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

scottb wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:WKYC Channel 3 Cleveland posted this up on their Facebook page, the comments are unreal.
Here's a link if interested
https://www.facebook.com/WKYC.Channel3/ ... 3630509274
Someone's really smart right here:
It's a 5th amendment issue also. Ohio law states I have to have my CHL and another form of state ID when I'm carrying concealed. State law also states I have to inform police when stopped for law enforcement purposes when I'm carrying.

What happens if I forget my physical license and get pulled over while carrying? State law saws I must give up my right to not self incriminate.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

It really is amazing how uninformed people are on this type of issue.
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

gilly32 wrote:

It really is amazing how uninformed people are on this type of issue.
It certainly is. Especially so since some of those people claim to be concealed carriers.

Sadly I have gotten some mighty strange looks from some of the people I have mentioned this to personally. Like maybe I had a horn growing out of my forehead or something. Some of them even have a CHL.

I think this bill is in for a rough ride.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

We're going up against the OSHP, it won't be easy for the Governor to sign the bill if it reaches him.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

curmudgeon3 wrote:We're going up against the OSHP, it won't be easy for the Governor to sign the bill if it reaches him.
Facts and stories sod abuse are hard to beat. Simply show cases where people forgot to notify answer arrested and then ask if they truly should have been arrested and what public good did it accomplish? I think this can easily pass everyone as ling as it isn't thrown in with other bills and then amended at that last minute to be stupid.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I have several police for tax clients. I am pretty much told they don't fear the concealed carrier, its the other guys with guns they are worried about.

Not to mention, they always know about the concealed carry license and assume I am armed. I have had more than one officer tell me, "do you have something you have to tell me"...basically they don't want to arrest somebody for something silly.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

catfish86 wrote:I have several police for tax clients. I am pretty much told they don't fear the concealed carrier, its the other guys with guns they are worried about.
Unfortunately, their leadership and union organizations are left-leaning, generally anti-gun / anti-concealed carry, and make their presence known at the statehouse.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

JustaShooter wrote:
catfish86 wrote:I have several police for tax clients. I am pretty much told they don't fear the concealed carrier, its the other guys with guns they are worried about.
Unfortunately, their leadership and union organizations are left-leaning, generally anti-gun / anti-concealed carry, and make their presence known at the statehouse.
And we are right-leaning, pro-gun / pro-concealed carry, and make our presence known at the statehouse.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer