TARTA (Toledo Transit Authority) uses SB199 against union

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

Re: TARTA (Toledo Transit Authority) uses SB199 against unio

Post by BB62 »

westsidebestside wrote:Your letter is strutting. It is not in our best interest to strut. Ever.

Thanks for harming the cause.
Please enlighten me as to what you consider "strutting", and what alleged "harm" my communication has brought to 'the cause'.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Ole_grizzly
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ole_grizzly »

BB62 wrote:
westsidebestside wrote:Your letter is strutting. It is not in our best interest to strut. Ever.

Thanks for harming the cause.
Please enlighten me as to what you consider "strutting", and what alleged "harm" my communication has brought to 'the cause'.

Generally, heavy doses of snark, insults, and contempt do not win people over in the business world. While you are clearly in the right and I sincerely applaud your efforts, I would never sign my name to a letter written as you did, even though I believe in its message. As for harm, I can only speak from experience working in an office with a liberal attorney that sets corporate policy. One quote from her is "I believe in the second amendment, just no one should be able to carry a gun outside their home". There are many others that are also just as enlightening. If I were to write a letter to her that had your contemptuous tone, it would be dismissed entirely out of hand. However, attorneys (supposedly) deal in facts, and if you wrote it an incontrovertible manner that lists things in black and white, you might get the response you want. By taking this tact, you have now made it harder for any pro gun advocate in the future to deal with this person. I believe that's the harm that the previous commenter was referring to, or at least for me, that's exactly how I felt reading your ether before I saw that comment.

Thank you for your efforts' sincerely, and this is not an attack post, merely answering your question as it related to me.
What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too - the Repo man
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

fluffy, overstuffed pillows
marshmallow treats
parades with large balloons, floats
lazy clouds floating through the sky

oh my what a nice day! the stress free sunny bright days of activism. Where all that is necessary to hardened opposers of freedom is, 'Please Sir/ Ma'am, could you take down this sign? If you're not too busy, sometime this year, if you get around to it. Thank you for this unmerited benevolence.''

Well, if the gentleman did actually stray a bit with perhaps one or two words in the missive, I'll get over it.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

WhyNot wrote: Well, if the gentleman did actually stray a bit with perhaps one or two words in the missive, I'll get over it.
The point is not whether you will "get over it". The point is how will it be responded to by the recipient.

We don't need to beg, sounding like poor Oliver Twist, but we do need to be businesslike, calm and factual. Respectful helps, too.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''The point is ...''

No, the point is it is such a minor thingiemajig 3-4 words. I seriously doubt that the TARTAR person(s) will now say, ''oh, we were thinking about agreeing to this but not now. And all because of not just one letter, but three little words.''

....and I'm over it. No need for further sidebar on a minor verbage issue
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This reminds me of how long it took ODOT to take down their "No guns" signage from rest areas across Ohio, after the ORC had been revised in that exact manner. Over two years, as memory serves, and the signs were still there.

For the most part (best I know), our communications with ODOT were cordial enough. What made me change my tone was when the Governor appointed a new ODOT director on January 1st partway through his term, and within three or four days the rest areas had shiny new plaques with the new director's name affixed to them.

My correspondence with ODOT and the Governor's office pointed this out in a not so polite manner. Copies were sent to media outlets.

Pretty sure other angry gun owners did the same thing via mail, email, and phone calls. The "No guns" signs were then quickly removed.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.