Action on SB199 including parking lot carry

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

radiotron
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Action on SB199 including parking lot carry

Post by radiotron »

Please email your reps and senators to ask for their support for this important bill:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/pro-gun ... eded-today
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Action on SB199 including parking lot carry

Post by WY_Not »

Nope.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

ohh yea
Allways remember when in combat your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Many of the pieces are good progress. The parking lot carry part is nothing more than a trampling of property rights and that part needs to die a horrible death.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:Many of the pieces are good progress. The parking lot carry part is nothing more than a trampling of property rights and that part needs to die a horrible death.
I would agree, but it is probably too late. See the discussion in the HB 48 thread, here: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... &start=135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yeah, saw that thread. Still I gotta keep railing against this Animal Farm mentality that thinks one right is more important than another right.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I did!!!!!

I predict, business owners will continue right on, never really noticing what is in their employee's locked vehicles. And I separate really noticing from fantasizing.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

Doesn't really trample property rights since the car that my firearm remains in is owned by me, not by my employer. But does interfere with private contract rights. Nonetheless, the government at all levels is involved in dictating whom you can and can't hire or fire, how much you have to pay them, how many hours you can let them work and under what conditions, etc. So this isn't really changing much in that regard.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

mrbone wrote:Doesn't really trample property rights since the car that my firearm remains in is owned by me, not by my employer. But does interfere with private contract rights. Nonetheless, the government at all levels is involved in dictating whom you can and can't hire or fire, how much you have to pay them, how many hours you can let them work and under what conditions, etc. So this isn't really changing much in that regard.
Question is, where do we put the brakes on? I mean, if we continue to let them chip away - where does it all stop? We certainly cannot trust our elected officials to draw that line...
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Exactly. The first step to getting out of a hole is to STOP DIGGING!!! Just because the State has stuck its nose into the private affairs of two consenting adults on other issues does not make it right nor does it mean we should continue to do so for this or other issues. Heaven forbid two consenting adults should work out the matter for themselves without bringing in the State and its threat of violence.

Not only is this legislation anti-freedom, it is pointless. Even though the State has stepped in and imposed your will on someone else, there is no way to enforce it. If the employer learns that you keep a firearm in your vehicle they will fire you and say it was because of something else. All it does is feed the political pigs and gives them additional precedent to impose yet more laws and further reinforce the notion that some are more equal than others. YOU have NO right to be there. You are there at the leisure of the employer. You are there because the two of you have come to a mutually beneficial agreement. If you don't like the terms, you are free to leave. The employer/property owner is free to stipulate whatever terms they wish to. If there are not enough qualified people willing to accept those terms then the employer/property owner will change those terms. That is the nature of freedom. It is messy and it tends to upset the delicate flowers who seem to think they "deserve" to get what they want when they want it.

If you want to keep a firearm in your vehicle you don't need a law for that. Either convince your employer to allow it, find an employer that allows it, start your own business where you can set the terms, or just do it and keep your mouth shut about it. More laws are the last thing this country needs.
Stryker74 wrote:
mrbone wrote:Doesn't really trample property rights since the car that my firearm remains in is owned by me, not by my employer. But does interfere with private contract rights. Nonetheless, the government at all levels is involved in dictating whom you can and can't hire or fire, how much you have to pay them, how many hours you can let them work and under what conditions, etc. So this isn't really changing much in that regard.
Question is, where do we put the brakes on? I mean, if we continue to let them chip away - where does it all stop? We certainly cannot trust our elected officials to draw that line...
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

If your employer searches your car , are you going to keep the job anyway?
I won't
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

My employer will never be permitted to search my vehicle. So, their only choice will be to get out of my way so that I can leave or to call the LEOs. If LEOs are called it would be like any other stop... "I do not consent to a search" with little to no cooperation. If I'm not in my vehicle, there is no excuse of officer safety and unless someone is lying there is no RAS. After that they can either fire me or let the matter drop.

If not fired outright, how long I remain an employee depends. If I'm singled out for some stupid allegations then yeah, I have no issues collecting my few personal items from my office and putting out the resume. If it was some issue where HR thought they "needed" to exert some authority over the employees as a group and I'm not the sole beneficiary of their attention then I might stick around and keep pulling a paycheck while putting out the resume.
Chuck wrote:If your employer searches your car , are you going to keep the job anyway?
I won't
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

Just one more step in the wrong direction IMO.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Chuck wrote:If your employer searches your car , are you going to keep the job anyway?
I won't
Yeah, but what if the dog sniffs your car Chuck? (I know where you work...)
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I don't care about any dog
You get a warrant to search my car and I'm still not working there any more
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)