CHL picture

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: CHL picture

Post by dustymedic »

What's really funny is i walked to Franklin County SO's office with 2 pictures (1 attached to the application and a spare, because my printer makes 2 copies when you select passport) and they ended up using their set up to take a picture for the actual card itself.
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

dustymedic wrote:What's really funny is i walked to Franklin County SO's office with 2 pictures (1 attached to the application and a spare, because my printer makes 2 copies when you select passport) and they ended up using their set up to take a picture for the actual card itself.
That's pretty typical. In theory the photo you bring is for the application & goes into their files, and they take their own picture for the license itself. What's that you say, they could just as easily use the picture they take for the license on the application too? That's just crazy talk!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

JustaShooter wrote:
dustymedic wrote:What's really funny is i walked to Franklin County SO's office with 2 pictures (1 attached to the application and a spare, because my printer makes 2 copies when you select passport) and they ended up using their set up to take a picture for the actual card itself.
That's pretty typical. In theory the photo you bring is for the application & goes into their files, and they take their own picture for the license itself. What's that you say, they could just as easily use the picture they take for the license on the application too? That's just crazy talk!
Very true, but it's in the ORC that we take one and they accept it. Just like the first ten years and providing every address one lived at since they were 18...well, the application required it so we had to provide it. Some legislature thought it was a good idea so they put it in law. Same with the photo. I'm sure most sheriff's don't want it and would be glad to see it removed, but they don't generally ask for changes in gun laws unless we start asking and they are brought in on discussions then they may say you want this, we want that.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Last time I brought in photos they'd been taken at one of those sit down, self serve "4 pix for a dollar" kiosks in the Eastgate Mall. Clermont County didn't use them but the clerk liked the one where I was grinning maniacally.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Last time I brought in photos they'd been taken at one of those sit down, self serve "4 pix for a dollar" kiosks in the Eastgate Mall. Clermont County didn't use them but the clerk liked the one where I was grinning maniacally.
Warren County doesn't even list the pictures as part of what the applicant must bring.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

Butler Co specifically mentions not to bring a photo.
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

I always inform the students in my classes what they need to take with them when they apply for their lic., had the scioto county sheriff's office call me and tell me to quit having them bring in a picture, they didn't need it, they would take the picture there. and it would save the people some money.
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

sunfish valley wrote:I always inform the students in my classes what they need to take with them when they apply for their lic., had the scioto county sheriff's office call me and tell me to quit having them bring in a picture, they didn't need it, they would take the picture there. and it would save the people some money.
Nice and makes sense, but! It is the Law and bad laws need to be changed, not ignored! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Cruiser wrote:
sunfish valley wrote:I always inform the students in my classes what they need to take with them when they apply for their lic., had the scioto county sheriff's office call me and tell me to quit having them bring in a picture, they didn't need it, they would take the picture there. and it would save the people some money.
Nice and makes sense, but! It is the Law and bad laws need to be changed, not ignored! :roll:
It's not really a violation of the law as the sheriff is merely providing the service necessary to take the picture. That's no different than first going to AAA and getting passport photos taken, just a change of venue for the picture taking. Not all sheriffs apparently want to do that, so the picture is still a requirement, but there is no requirement as to who has to take the picture.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand