Portman, Kasich talk of limiting gun access after Orlando

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

keepitsimple
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Portman, Kasich talk of limiting gun access after Orland

Post by keepitsimple »

Morne wrote:Sen. Portman voted with us:

http://www.dailypress.senate.gov
And Sen. Brown did not.

Here's the breakdown:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... vote=00106
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

keepitsimple wrote:
Morne wrote:Sen. Portman voted with us:

http://www.dailypress.senate.gov
And Sen. Brown did not.
<snip>
And water is wet.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

I have personally spoken with Senator Portman and my oldest daughter is a campaign intern for him. He is a clearly on our side and values freedom. He deserves our support and our vote.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Tell him to have someone at least acknowledge emails to give the appearance of caring when constituents contact him. Even an automated reply is better than no reply at all.

Then again, considering that the email address for his "Rob's Rundown" weekly(ish) emails is no_reply @ portman.senate.gov(*) maybe he really doesn't care and he's just being honest.

He's got a tough challenger for the upcoming election, it would help him to do better than this.

(*) Mods: My assumption is that posting that email is not a violation of the TOS about posting personal contact information either because (a)there is an exception for "public contact information for a public official or government office" and/or (b) it isn't actually "contact information" as "no_reply@" addresses are set up specifically to "not" be used for contact.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Nearly all broadcast emails such as "Rob's Rundown"are set up with a "no reply" return address. I work for a company that frequently deals with those type of email technologies and cannot remember the last time that a broadcast email was NOT set up that way from any organization. Don't take it personally - it is nearly impossible to manage replies from that type of broadcast email.

If you want to contact Senator Portman, you can go to his Email Rob page and fill out the form.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:Tell him to have someone at least acknowledge emails to give the appearance of caring when constituents contact him. Even an automated reply is better than no reply at all.

Then again, considering that the email address for his "Rob's Rundown" weekly(ish) emails is no_reply @ portman.senate.gov(*) maybe he really doesn't care and he's just being honest.

He's got a tough challenger for the upcoming election, it would help him to do better than this.

(*) Mods: My assumption is that posting that email is not a violation of the TOS about posting personal contact information either because (a)there is an exception for "public contact information for a public official or government office" and/or (b) it isn't actually "contact information" as "no_reply@" addresses are set up specifically to "not" be used for contact.

I have only emailed Portman 2 or 3 times but if I remember right I received a response every time.

I have never tried to respond to "Robs Rundown"
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.