Sittenfeld's campaign to overturn state preemption

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Sittenfeld's campaign to overturn state preemption

Post by rickt »

Moving at a snail's pace.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/po ... /82975502/
The group, which includes Sittenfeld, Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence founder Toby Hoover and God Before Guns founder Rev. Kris Eggert, planned to submit its first 1,000 signatures before the end of April. From there, they will court national groups like Americans for Responsible Solutions, founded by former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, and Everytown for Gun Safety, said Cliff Schecter, a Hyde Park resident and CEO of the progressive non-profit Majority Ohio.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Sittenfeld's campaign to overturn state preemption

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

rickt wrote:Moving at a snail's pace.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/po ... /82975502/
The group, which includes Sittenfeld, Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence founder Toby Hoover and God Before Guns founder Rev. Kris Eggert, planned to submit its first 1,000 signatures before the end of April. From there, they will court national groups like Americans for Responsible Solutions, founded by former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, and Everytown for Gun Safety, said Cliff Schecter, a Hyde Park resident and CEO of the progressive non-profit Majority Ohio.
Funny, I was just informed of this article today and it looks like Sittenfelds plans aren't going anywhere, anytime soon, though it could still make the ballot, it's very, VERY unlikely now. :D
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

He was on local talk radio today. No mention of this effort. (Not surprising.) He's rather dodgy, but it sounds like he's shopping for a state level elected position.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Brian D. wrote:He was on local talk radio today. No mention of this effort. (Not surprising.) He's rather dodgy, but it sounds like he's shopping for a state level elected position.
I saw a bumper sticker for him today. Since I don't really care what he thinks, I didn't take much note... but I think it was for state senate.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

147Doc wrote:
Brian D. wrote:He was on local talk radio today. No mention of this effort. (Not surprising.) He's rather dodgy, but it sounds like he's shopping for a state level elected position.
I saw a bumper sticker for him today. Since I don't really care what he thinks, I didn't take much note... but I think it was for state senate.

That sticker may have been from his failed primary challenge to Strickland.

...Sittenfeld ran an upstart campaign for the Senate, losing the March 15 Democratic primary to former Gov. Ted Strickland. Strickland faces GOP incumbent Rob Portman in November.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... apses.html
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Tru-Heathen wrote:
147Doc wrote:

That sticker may have been from his failed primary challenge to Strickland.

...Sittenfeld ran an upstart campaign for the Senate, losing the March 15 Democratic primary to former Gov. Ted Strickland. Strickland faces GOP incumbent Rob Portman in November.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... apses.html
I think that is what it was also. An anti gun relative of mine was so disappointed that he lost, because he had such a "courageous"stance on gun control. :roll: Prior to the voting, a group was running anti Strickland ads in my area, (predominately rural) showing a shadow of Strickland's face on the side of an AR-15, and talking about his past association with the NRA, like it was a bad thing or something. When I saw a former coworker of mine during that time I asked him if he'd seen the ad and what he thought of it. (He's pro democrat and a union official) His comment was that the first thought when he saw it was that it was a nice looking AR. :lol:

I don't think Sittenfeld has anything to worry about job wise. With his stance on guns, he could easily get a job in the Clinton administration next year. :(
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sittenfeld has this fake humility thing going on the surface. But listen a little closer, he's sure that he's the smartest person in the room. Show the least negativity towards his political positions, he'll block you from commenting in any social media he's a part of. But yet, he says he wants to listen to "all ideas".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:Sittenfeld has this fake humility thing going on the surface. But listen a little closer, he's sure that he's the smartest person in the room. Show the least negativity towards his political positions, he'll block you from commenting in any social media he's a part of. But yet, he says he wants to listen to "all ideas".
[/color

Don't ALL two-faced liars say that? Not an ounce of integrity! :roll:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".