Concealed Carry Licenses Surge in Ohio

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Concealed Carry Licenses Surge in Ohio

Post by bignflnut »

(Not my headline)

Didn't see this elsewhere...
Ohio reports that concealed carry licenses surged in 2015, with approximately 72,000 new licenses issued.

The increase is a considerable jump above the 58,000 issued in 2014.

According to WKYC, concealed carry licenses last for five years before requiring renewal in Ohio. And there were 45,000 renewals in addition to all the newly issued licenses in 2015.

Ohioans for Concealed Carry’s Doug Deeken sees it differently, however. He argues the surge in concealed carry is an outgrowth of grassroots concern for personal safety. Deeken said, “People read the news, they see what happened in Paris, San Bernardino, and they realize that they are their own first responders.”
National coverage...take a bow Doug...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
AlanM

Re: Concealed Carry Licenses Surge in Ohio

Post by AlanM »

I wonder how many people here know who Doug Deeken is here on the forums.
I do because I've traveled with him to a couple of open carry events, sat with him at the OFCC table at a Summit Co. gun show, gone with him to a couple of Meet, Greet, Shoot, & Eat events and met him when a bunch of OFCC people traveled to the east side Akron pizza parlor to give support to a man that had to shoot an armed robber.
I consider him a friend and if I were in a position to vote for him for an office I would without hesitation.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

AlanM wrote:I wonder how many people here know who Doug Deeken is here on the forums.
I do because I've traveled with him to a couple of open carry events, sat with him at the OFCC table at a Summit Co. gun show, gone with him to a couple of Meet, Greet, Shoot, & Eat events and met him when a bunch of OFCC people traveled to the east side Akron pizza parlor to give support to a man that had to shoot an armed robber.
I consider him a friend and if I were in a position to vote for him for an office I would without hesitation.

I have no clue who he is.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Bama.45 wrote:
AlanM wrote:I wonder how many people here know who Doug Deeken is here on the forums.

Hi! It's me. :mrgreen:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Well played.

Accurate quote?
What did they leave out?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Morne wrote:
Bama.45 wrote:

Hi! It's me. :mrgreen:

Well.. Now I know it's Morne the wheel gun man! :P
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Bama.45 wrote:Well.. Now I know it's Morne the wheel gun man! :P
Here was carrying a semi-auto last week. :shock:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... e-in-ohio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Morne. Thanks for being out there for us.
HancockCountyHaL