HB78 Firearms - Regulate Transfers

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

18M_RWR
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

HB78 Firearms - Regulate Transfers

Post by 18M_RWR »

Sure glad that Ron Hood is my State Representative. He is a defender of our Second Amendment rights. I had emailed him urging him to vote no regarding HB78 which is legislation that would basically make Obama's "enhanced regulations" he spewed out earlier this year law in Ohio. Below is his reply I received yesterday.
Thank you for your email regarding HB 78, sponsored by Representative Patmon. HB 78 is currently in the House State Government Committee and has received sponsor testimony. HB 78 would generally prohibit the transfer of a firearm by a federally licensed firearms dealer to any person unless the federally licensed firearms dealer complies with the relevant requirements under federal law, the transfer of a firearm by an unlicensed transferor to an unlicensed Transferee and the receipt of a firearm by an unlicensed transferee from an unlicensed transferor. I believe that this legislation is a restriction upon Ohioans second amendment rights and I do not support it.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this legislation with me. As always, if you have any additional comments or concerns regarding this issue, or any other issue at the state level, feel free to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Ron Hood
State Representative
77 S. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
614-466-1464
We need more Representatives like Ron Hood.
μολων λαβe
NRA Member
OFCC Member
BFA Member
dirt late model racer
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: HB78 Firearms - Regulate Transfers

Post by Morne »

He is good. HB 78 sucks. It'll go nowhere.

On the very slim chance that it gets to an opponent testimony hearing we'll be there with bells on to say, "Uh, no."
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!