Governor Taylor

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WeinerDog

Governor Taylor

Post by WeinerDog »

Does anyone know where Mary Taylor stands concerning the second amendment. I started looking at her when I was wondering who's running Ohio since we have an absentee Governor right now.
Looks like she'll be running in 2018 if she doesn't inherit the job before then. Not reading good things about her.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Governor Taylor

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

There's a story on a site I think I'm not supposed to link directly to, saying she participated in a roundtable on issues related to Ohio sportsmen and Second Amendment rights advocates and generally having positive things to say about her.

According to http://votesmart.org/candidate/evaluati ... rt8xVL3TOs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; she's got an A rating from the NRA and a 100% from Ohio Gun Owners of America (whatever that is; maybe GOA - Ohio chapter?).
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

She has taken part in firearms related campaign events. As in, participating in the shooting itself and not just the handshaking. Appeared to be very safe, and I dare say, even competent with a gun.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I shook her hand with my firearm visible she didn't seem to mind. She seems like a nice lady and shes from my county.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

She won't be a legitimate candidate. It will be Husted v. DeWine for the Republican nomination. The only way she has a shot if if Kasich wins the presidential election and Mary gets a year as Governor of Ohio in which to rack up some accomplishments. She's been pretty lackluster as the Lieutenant Governor during these last many years.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

She was a speaker at party in the park a couple years ago.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

WeinerDog wrote:Does anyone know where Mary Taylor stands concerning the second amendment. I started looking at her when I was wondering who's running Ohio since we have an absentee Governor right now.
Looks like she'll be running in 2018 if she doesn't inherit the job before then. Not reading good things about her.
Mary Taylor has been a speaker at the PITP in the past and would have spoken this past year except for a family conflict. She has been very friendly to OFCC.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

SeanC wrote:She won't be a legitimate candidate. It will be Husted v. DeWine for the Republican nomination. The only way she has a shot if if Kasich wins the presidential election and Mary gets a year as Governor of Ohio in which to rack up some accomplishments. She's been pretty lackluster as the Lieutenant Governor during these last many years.
How does someone NOT be lackluster as the Lieutenant Governor?

********************************************************************************
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

schmieg wrote:
WeinerDog wrote:Does anyone know where Mary Taylor stands concerning the second amendment. I started looking at her when I was wondering who's running Ohio since we have an absentee Governor right now.
Mary Taylor has been a speaker at the PITP in the past and would have spoken this past year except for a family conflict. She has been very friendly to OFCC.

I like her, gun friendly lady republican for governor.
What's not to like?

I dare say I'll agree with her on more than just guns
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

By tradition, the Lt. Governor is the head of an executive branch agency. Taylor wanted to lead the Department of Insurance, probably because she wanted to wage war against Obamacare, but did a poor job putting a public face on her efforts. Her predecessors often favored the Department of Commerce because it allowed them to do a lot of traveling, ribbon-cutting events at new factories, and hob-knob with Ohio's industrial elite. So the answer to your question about how one does a superior job as LTG: pick an executive agency to lead that has a real mission, put a public face on it, and be a public figure.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

SeanC wrote:By tradition, the Lt. Governor is the head of an executive branch agency. Taylor wanted to lead the Department of Insurance, probably because she wanted to wage war against Obamacare, but did a poor job putting a public face on her efforts. Her predecessors often favored the Department of Commerce because it allowed them to do a lot of traveling, ribbon-cutting events at new factories, and hob-knob with Ohio's industrial elite. So the answer to your question about how one does a superior job as LTG: pick an executive agency to lead that has a real mission, put a public face on it, and be a public figure.
So then, maybe an agency where she gets to wear a snazzy uniform? Sorry, maybe around Columbus there have been Lt. Govs. who made their presence felt. But honestly, most people who aren't extremely politically tuned in wouldn't be able to pick her out of a lineup. Or most any previous LtG for that matter.

WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

Good to hear she's 2a friendly.
wickedgreyzx3

Post by wickedgreyzx3 »

I hope it's not DeWine. He is one very scary dude imho.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Dewine was very anti-gun in his early political life. I was very surprised when he became Ohio attorney general that he without question upheld the CCW laws of the state. He did what he was suppose to do, uphold the laws on the books. But I would hesitate voting for him for governor.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Our Lieutenant Guber has quite a few accomplishments listed on the DOI web site:

https://www.insurance.ohio.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes