HB 452: Makes carrying in places of worship legal

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

eye95
*** Banned ***

Re: HB 452: Makes carrying in places of worship legal

Post by eye95 »

Brian D. wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:My summary so far:

R.C. 2923.12 makes CCW illegal.

However, 2923.12 also gives an exception for CHL holders who are NOT in an enumerated location listed in 2923.126.

Churches are currently an enumerated location, thus making concealed carry there illegal.

This bill would remove churches as an enumerated location.

Thus, concealed carry in a church (with no CPZ sign posted) would be legal under the CHL exception in 2923.12.
Maybe you could go explain this to the guy that just started a new thread on this exact topic. But please, no snark, lest he pulls a Sonny Pruitt and...splits.
Would you rather I stay and get into a flame war with someone behaving like an...?
Be a Madisonian.

It finally happened. I have now been accused on OFCC of both being a cop-hater and then a cop-lover! Therefore, anyone making either accusation must not be paying attention.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I stopped by and posted in your new thread, eye95. Guess that makes me more a Beach Boy (Round round round round I get around) than a Sonny Pruitt (Movin' On) type.

Always keep in mind we have met and I dig where you're coming from, never do I intend malice in your direction. Fair enough?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

BobK wrote:After carrying in Church every Sunday for the last five years in Texas, I find it both irritating and ironic that just about the time it becomes legal in Ohio I will no longer be allowed to carry in my Church. Had dinner with the head of the council last weekend and told me they are going to post the buildings because of open carry. He had no idea I was a licensee who carries there all the time. :roll:

Time to find a new church!
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.