OSU Lawsuit Dismissed ... Another Solution

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: OSU Lawsuit Dismissed ... Another Solution

Post by dynamike »

BB62 wrote:Oh, you've made yourself more than clear, Mike: people can choose to believe your tales at their peril.
I am once again extending an olive branch. If I didn't make it clear enough in the past, I am doing so right here, right now. The ball's in your court
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

Ohio Director Students for Concealed Carry
BB62

Post by BB62 »

dynamike wrote:
BB62 wrote:Oh, you've made yourself more than clear, Mike: people can choose to believe your tales at their peril.
I am once again extending an olive branch. If I didn't make it clear enough in the past, I am doing so right here, right now. The ball's in your court
So you're "offering an olive branch" after once again telling one of your tall tales? :roll: :roll: Give it a rest, Mike.

The ball's in your court, and has always been.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Infighting is not helpful.

It needs to stop now.

Any more of it, and this thread is closed.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Please don't lock this thread because there is one troll making baseless accusations of dishonesty

It would be far better to silence the troll if he doesn't want to work towards a common goal than to shut down the discussion.

If a person is only posting to disrupt, doesn't locking the thread play into their hand?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The reason I am pushing so hard for more action is because of the current makeup of our executive, legislative, and judicial branches of state government. The planets may not stay in such favorable alignment come next year, making advancements in gun rights much, much harder, or downright impossible.

You long timers already know that, sorry about the sermonizing.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

BB62 wrote:
dynamike wrote:
So you're "offering an olive branch" after once again telling one of your tall tales? :roll: :roll: Give it a rest, Mike.

The ball's in your court, and has always been.
Truth can indeed be subjective, but I am not lying.

I consider your last an invitation to work commonly while putting prior transgressions behind us. I still have your number and will call.
Last edited by dynamike on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

Brian D. wrote:The reason I am pushing so hard for more action is because of the current makeup of our executive, legislative, and judicial branches of state government. The planets may not stay in such favorable alignment come next year, making advancements in gun rights much, much harder, or downright impossible.

SCC is sensitive to that. We're also sensitive to what reality is really like in Columbus. I'm not saying you're clueless. I just don't think we have the support for campus carry, or ever will, that you may think exists.

Not all Rs support our position.
Mike

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Chuck wrote:Please don't lock this thread because there is one troll making baseless accusations of dishonesty

It would be far better to silence the troll if he doesn't want to work towards a common goal than to shut down the discussion.

If a person is only posting to disrupt, doesn't locking the thread play into their hand?
Sounds reasonable.

If the fighting continues, I'll move those posts to the mod section and leave the productive posts.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

dynamike wrote:
Brian D. wrote:The reason I am pushing so hard for more action is because of the current makeup of our executive, legislative, and judicial branches of state government. The planets may not stay in such favorable alignment come next year, making advancements in gun rights much, much harder, or downright impossible.

SCC is sensitive to that. We're also sensitive to what reality is really like in Columbus. I'm not saying you're clueless. I just don't think we have the support for campus carry, or ever will, that you may think exists.

Not all Rs support our position.
To me your take just points out that more open carry walks and other such boots on the ground events are needed, with participants from all over Ohio. {I'm starting to come across like Christopher Walken in that "cowbell" skit but I know how much effect it had in the days leading up to CHL issuance. Maybe you weren't around then?}

Going back to the late 1980s, a big march from Veterans Coliseum to the statehouse by Ohio Gun Collectors Association and the NRA was attended by thousands, in response to Columbus passing an "assault weapons" prohibition. They passed the law but greatly regretted it when OGCA moved their events elsewhere. In fact by a year later the city offered a compromise/exemption, because Columbus suddenly had a "tourist spending" gap. {I know you weren't around for that, or were still a kid.}

This isn't the first time someone has opined that I don't know politics in Columbus, I beg to differ.

********************************************************************************
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

Brian D. wrote:This isn't the first time someone has opined that I don't know politics in Columbus, I beg to differ.
Didn't opine as such. I just think you may be overestimating the favor this cause is receiving in Columbus, in particular the highest office. And when everyone at the statehouse wants to see him win the highest seat in the land, there's a lack of motivation to put him in an awkward position.
Mike

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

dynamike wrote:
Brian D. wrote:This isn't the first time someone has opined that I don't know politics in Columbus, I beg to differ.
Didn't opine as such. I just think you may be overestimating the favor this cause is receiving in Columbus, in particular the highest office. And when everyone at the statehouse wants to see him win the highest seat in the land, there's a lack of motivation to put him in an awkward position.
After last night, he put himself in the toilet. As an Ohioan, I was embarrassed for him. There will be no escape from that.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

The Ohio State University is a powerful entity. A direct assault is, as Tweed Ring says, a heavy lift. But a coordinated and organized approach might be more effective.

Some folks around here are protective of their bailiwicks.

Mike is all about SCC and the lawsuit.

Jeff is all about the campus open carry events.

Even Chuck is protective of his work at the Statehouse, both inside and out.

I wonder what could happen if they all worked in a concerted effort.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

There is nothing for me to be "protective" about regarding my activism
I often ask, sometimes beg, folks to come to the statehouse to attend hearings.
And I try my best to keep everyone informed of what's going on with gun bills, both pro and anti.
Right now I have a call out for volunteers, and part of that call is for help at the statehouse.

I think the word "inclusive" is a much more accurate term.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Werz wrote:
dynamike wrote:
After last night, he put himself in the toilet. As an Ohioan, I was embarrassed for him. There will be no escape from that.
Didn't want to get sidetracked but was going to say that we may have Kasich full time in Columbus again pretty soon, getting back to the job we're paying him for. Such as letting the legislators bring bills to a vote, and signing/vetoing them appropriately.

dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

Werz wrote:The Ohio State University is a powerful entity. A direct assault is, as Tweed Ring says, a heavy lift. But a coordinated and organized approach might be more effective.

Some folks around here are protective of their bailiwicks.

Mike is all about SCC and the lawsuit and campus carry.

Jeff is all about the campus open carry events.

Even Chuck is protective of his work at the Statehouse, both inside and out.

I wonder what could happen if they all worked in a concerted effort.
Fixed it for you.

And yes, we'd love to work together, have made such attempts, and will be making them again.
Mike