ohio magazine capacity laws

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

htower099

ohio magazine capacity laws

Post by htower099 »

for a long time there was a limit on 30 rounds in a magazine, in a firearm, in ohio.
it was explained to me by a LEO friend that a 100 round fully loaded drum mag that was not in a firearm was fine law wise, but, as soon as any magazine that was loaded with more than 30 rounds was placed into the magazine well , legally it becomes a destructive device.. and a 100 round drum with only 30 was fine in the laws eyes..

now, a conversation nearly exactly as typed above, was answered w/ the line:, "that was changed when the straight walled cartridges in lever rifles were made legal for deer hunting, about 2 years ago. you can load any amount the magazine is made to hold, into any suitable weapon". fully topped off so to say..

my question to the forum here is: what is the current status of magazine capacity in any rifle/pistol, in ohio, that has large volumn magazines on the market"?

thank you ahead of time for / all replies.

[e-mail address deleted per TOS--m380g]
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: ohio magazine capacity laws

Post by Mustang380gal »

The topic is under discussion here: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85539, so I am going to lock this thread to keep things tidy.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!