Committee hearing on Pro-Gun Bills

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Re: Committee hearing on Pro-Gun Bills

Post by Tweed Ring »

B- Trust me, when the OGA is dealing with budgetary matters, fiscal matters, and lobbyists with green money, the senate proposal is small beer.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Was in Wyoming on that day.
rickt wrote:Hmmm, the only person who testified for SB 180 was Gary Witt of OFCC. Yet people keep posting on here how much they support this bill.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

My humble prediction is this:

NO gun bills will be signed by 'presidential candidate' Kasich.

Once the race is over, should 'presidential candidate' Kasich win, NO gun bills will be signed.

Should he lose, term-limited 'governor' Kasich will sign almost ANY pro-gun bill the OGA can put in front of him.

He may still hold firm on not signing any K-12 school-related pro-gun bills.
MyWifeSaidYes
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Just a nit pick, but this sentence in the sample email by Gary Witt, I think, is not worded correctly.
For an employer to eliminate the right of an employee to self defense outside of the building where he or she works or inside a company vehicle is
wrong.
I think it should say:
For an employer to eliminate the right of an employee to self defense outside of the building where he or she works or outside a company vehicle is
wrong.
The employer owns the the building and vehicle. Their football, their rules.
What's inside a privately owned vehicle in an open to the public parking lot/area is none of their business.
Just IMHO. Which, of course, is worth what you paid for it.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:The employer owns the the building and vehicle. Their football, their rules.
Company also owns the property including the parking lot. Their football, their rules, no?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Indeed.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:My humble prediction is this:

Once the race is over, should 'presidential candidate' Kasich win, NO gun bills will be signed.

Should he lose, term-limited 'governor' Kasich will sign almost ANY pro-gun bill the OGA can put in front of him.

I disagree with #3. With his term limited where is his motivation to sign any pro-2nd Amendment bills? Personal conviction?
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

JustaShooter wrote:
AlanM wrote:The employer owns the the building and vehicle. Their football, their rules.
Company also owns the property including the parking lot. Their football, their rules, no?
No, not necessarily.
I say again, What's inside a privately owned vehicle in an open to the public parking lot/area is none of their business.
IMHO if a company doesn't have a totally secured parking facility with guards to ensure the safety of those that park there then they have relinquished the right to dictate what is legally in a private vehicle in that facility.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

walnut red wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:My humble prediction is this:

I disagree with #3. With his term limited where is his motivation to sign any pro-2nd Amendment bills? Personal conviction?
He took quite a smack when he voted for the national AWB. He is also a life-long politician, so I doubt he's going to retire from politics in 2017.

There seems to be a pro-gun majority in both the Ohio House & Senate, so how, and by who, do YOU think he wants to be remembered as he leaves office?
MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
No, not necessarily.
I say again, What's inside a privately owned vehicle in an open to the public parking lot/area is none of their business.
IMHO if a company doesn't have a totally secured parking facility with guards to ensure the safety of those that park there then they have relinquished the right to dictate what is legally in a private vehicle in that facility.
SMH at those who are so strong on the 2A yet so weak on the rest of our constitutionally-guaranteed rights.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

AlanM wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
No, not necessarily.
The hired Legal Eagles have to do something to earn their keep, so they will print up their manual in code to read
"Private property for me but not for thee".
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

http://ohiosenate.gov/Assets/CommitteeS ... lendar.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our bills are not on the schedule for this week either,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
slidelock15

Post by slidelock15 »

OK, their property, their rules. How about triple damages if an employee or customer is injured as a result of being injured or killed due to inability to defend themselves?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Simply get the OGA to amend the current law. Many roads lead to Columbus. Have at it.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

slidelock15 wrote:OK, their property, their rules. How about triple damages if an employee or customer is injured as a result of being injured or killed due to inability to defend themselves?
Employees are not forced to keep employment with said companies. And customers don't have to do business with said companies.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson