Ohio, let's stop pandering to the gun lobby: Robert Grow

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Carr, the Floor Walker, believes the author thinks the various gun owner lobbies control our Ohio General Assembly.

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index. ... ver_mobile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Ohio, let's stop pandering to the gun lobby: Robert Grow

Post by charliej47 »

You just can't fix STUPID!
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

In the state of Ohio, we have both the concealed and opened carrying of weapons. The concealed carrying of weapons is nothing but vigilantism and the open carrying of weapons is nothing but the legalized version of a threat to do harm.
Rallying cry for idiots,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Chuck wrote:
In the state of Ohio, we have both the concealed and opened carrying of weapons. The concealed carrying of weapons is nothing but vigilantism and the open carrying of weapons is nothing but the legalized version of a threat to do harm.
Rallying cry for idiots,,,,
Bet he had to change his undies before he got through that.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

But nobody wants to take our guns away...
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

That's my little red eyed buddy from the Summit County Progressive Democrats. We had discussions at the Summit County gun show. I believe HE was the one doing the threatening. :lol:

Go to 5:26 and you'll see him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsobI5SUiEc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Periodically, the PD publishes this type of column, hoping to stop flagging readership. Numerous polls have shown the American public tends to support lawful gun ownership. The PD leans left, and the left tends to be anti-gun ownership.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

If one keeps playing to the base while the base is shrinking the ship eventually sinks.

G'day PD... We hardly knew ye...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

"Allow me to make this perfectly clear: I have no obligation to obey a government which allows others to try to intimidate me with an assault rifle while I campaign for gun control. This has happened to me on more than one occasion.

As someone who has ministered to six families who lost children to gun violence in a five-year period of my career as a pastor and chaplain, it may well be my obligation to disobey a government that would allow guns into churches, schools and day care centers.

Any government which refuses to do its job, as have the government and lawmakers of the United States of America, loses its legitimacy. I remove my consent to be governed by a government that allows the people of this country to be terrorized by gun violence. A government that refuses to govern is no government at all."

He may be a pastor and chaplain, but his statements that I highlighted above sound pretty threatening, me thinks.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark