Front plate violation as secondary offense

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Front plate violation as secondary offense

Post by docachna »

Guess this will eliminate any more DuBose's having to worry about being stopped for a "chicken-cr*p" reason (per Joe Deters).....

http://www.wcpo.com/news/political/ohio ... ront-plate
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Front plate violation as secondary offense

Post by sodbuster95 »

If I'm not mistaken, this has been tried before and not been successful.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
docachna

Post by docachna »

sodbuster95 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, this has been tried before and not been successful.
Don't matter none; he cares, and he tryin' to do sumthin................
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Personally, I think requiring a front plate is idiotic..Lived in Alabama most of my life since driving age and have never heard cops complain they lost someone because they didn't have a front plate..Most other southern states require only one plate..Doesn't seem to hinder their cops from making stops...Especially when cops pull you over from behind anyway...Kinda like the license plate light..That's BS..if it's at night and the cop can't see your tag in his headlights, then does he need to be a cop?
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Ohio FOP and the Troopers Coalition has defeated this proposal in the past, and may defeat it in the future. Both groups have good lobbyists.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Tweed Ring wrote:Ohio FOP and the Troopers Coalition has defeated this proposal in the past, and may defeat it in the future. Both groups have good lobbyists.
Every couple years...
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I have been noticing a lot of cars with no front plate... I mean like at least 30-40% I'd guess on some days.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

The police like it because it makes for a good point of aim for laser...
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Bama.45 wrote:I have been noticing a lot of cars with no front plate... I mean like at least 30-40% I'd guess on some days.
Like I recommended to the local politicos when they were moaning about revenue: No front plate wins a $500 gotcha...easy money! Plus there's the added bonus of other charges the morons will most likely incur from whatever else they're doing that's illegal.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Face

Post by Face »

Cops want it so the automatic plate readers can read from front or rear. These are a huge money maker.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

This is just political theater and/or pandering. Lack of a front license plate is a convenient reason to stop a vehicle, but let's not kid ourselves that if this particular violation goes away there will be any reduction in the number of "chicken crap stops."

Not to mention that thanks to home rule cities will be free to make it a primary offense and jack the fine up to the statutory max of $150 for a minor misdemeanor. Between ACDA, speed limits, marked lanes, use of turn signals and the rules about entering intersections an officer looking to make a stop will make that stop.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

FormerNavy wrote:The police like it because it makes for a good point of aim for laser...
Yup. Heard that. And I don't buy it for a second.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

djthomas wrote:This is just political theater and/or pandering. Lack of a front license plate is a convenient reason to stop a vehicle, but let's not kid ourselves that if this particular violation goes away there will be any reduction in the number of "chicken crap stops."

Not to mention that thanks to home rule cities will be free to make it a primary offense and jack the fine up to the statutory max of $150 for a minor misdemeanor. Between ACDA, speed limits, marked lanes, use of turn signals and the rules about entering intersections an officer looking to make a stop will make that stop.

About the rules for an intersection..One thing I have wondered is, is it legal here to take control of the intersection if you enter it on green and then go when it turns yellow/red when oncoming traffic stops?..I know it's legal in Alabama..As long as you are in the intersection on a green light..There's sometimes you can't make the turn until yellow/red..Especially when you don't get the arrow at the start..Which really burns me up lol.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bama that was taught to me as legal during drivers education class thirty some years ago. If it was changed since a whole lot of people including me never got the memo.

Trouble is that concept seems to have gotten corrupted over time. Often it's the car IN the intersection waiting to turn, plus two or three more vehicles behind it, that go through, seconds after the light has become red. This always looks to me like super slo-mo "drafting" as seen in NASCAR events.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

It has always been my understanding that the intersection begins at the stop bar painted on the road and that once you are IN the intersection you have the right to proceed after the light changes from green. I don't know if IN the intersection means front bumper, rear bumper or what.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member