SB 199: Active military may carry without CHL

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: SB 199: Active military may carry without CHL

Post by Brian D. »

Let's all send Morne a PM and ask for his participation in this thread...like I just did. He'll know it was my idea, don't be ascared.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I'll wait to see what amendments are made to this bill.

The original bill doesn't have to accomplish anything meaningful if the amendments are useful.
MyWifeSaidYes
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Brian D. wrote:Let's all send Morne a PM and ask for his participation in this thread...like I just did. He'll know it was my idea, don't be ascared.
You can find me pretty easily, can't ya? 8)

We all want more from this bill. Technically, the points about the sub bill have merit. Still, that doesn't promote our agenda as much as we like.

This made it through the senate. That's always the tougher chamber. Now that it's on the house side, which is a bit better for us, we may be able to do more with it. Then it can go to conference committee and see what sausage can be made.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

The bill was voted on yesterday and passed the Senate 32-0. Now it will be sent to the House.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

rickt wrote:The bill was voted on yesterday and passed the Senate 32-0. Now it will be sent to the House.
Where the House committee will amend the heck out of it (for the better), the full House will pass it and need only the few members of a Senate Concurrence Committee to approve the changes.

The Guber gets to sign a bill that is PRO-MILITARY and we CHL holders will bask in the glow of all the pro-gun tweaks added to the bill.

I hope. :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Yes ... the House and Senate have both passed their own so so bills on very different topics. Perhaps great things will come out in the end, instead of so so ideas times two. :D
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

First hearing in the House State Government committee is Wednesday 5/11. It's kind of funny that the two bills that people care about the least are the only ones showing any signs of movement.