Re-Issueance of CCW

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re-Issueance of CCW

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: Has anyone heard any more on being able to get a new license issued before they are expired to be able to carry in the :oops: newly added states?
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Re-Issueance of CCW

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Can't do it.

I mentioned this to my state rep and senator, suggesting allowing an "interim CHL renewal". The feedback I got, informally, was that this will only be a problem for 5 years and only for a fraction of CHL holders. Even then, there are existing workarounds (non-resident licenses).

Go get your FL, PA or UT license if you want reciprocity sooner than renewal.

:(
MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

What MWSY said.

And just for clarity, we are only talking about TX and WI for licenses issued before March 23. All of the other states on the list will recognize an Ohio license regardless of issue date.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

PA was $20 and a couple week wait; but there was a 3 hour drive in each direction. Utah was a Utah class (for me taken in UT on vacation) but renewals will be easier- done online.
BobK

Post by BobK »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Go get your FL, PA or UT license if you want reciprocity sooner than renewal.
If people do not want to travel to PA, or take the UT-specific training, then I believe an AZ non-resident license is the best choice.

It can be accomplished 100% via mail and is less than half the cost of a FL license.

Another option is the VA non-resident license. It is also inexpensive compared to FL. Note that WI will honor a VA non-resident license, but not a VA resident license. This is kind of odd, but I think it is because the non-resident license is issued by the state instead of a clerk of the local circuit court (county or city).
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?