Current 2016 candidates gun control history/statements

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Current 2016 candidates gun control history/statements

Post by AlanM »

Take a quick look for yourself.
I don't have an opinion on the veracity of the site as it is new to me.

On The Issues: Every Political Leader on every issue, gun control
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
BobK

Re: Current 2016 candidates gun control history/statements

Post by BobK »

Interesting & thanks for posting.

Here is their definition of Gun Control

First candidate I clicked on was Jeb Bush. Here is the language they use on the website for "Stand Your Ground":
Stand-your-ground bill: Deadly force OK when threatened
In 2005, the governor signed into law another piece of NRA legislation on the topic of gun control. The bill was written by the NRA and expanded the rights of Floridians to use deadly force when threatened in public places. This proposal, known as the "stand your ground bill," expanded the rights of people to use guns or other deadly force to defend themselves without 1st trying to escape even in places outside their homes. The law stipulated that a person "has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force."

The bill was opposed by police chiefs in high crime areas like Miami and Broward County who claimed it would lead "drivers with road rage or drunken sports fans who get into fights leaving ball games to assume that they had total immunity." The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence argued that it could be used to defend people who shoot in the emotional rage associated with domestic violence and other high-stress events.
Source: Aggressive Conservatism in Florida, by Robert Crew, p. 80 , Dec 11, 2009
Based on just a few minutes, seems to me the site leans lefty. I'll interpret their results accordingly.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?