Columbus mayoral candidates on guns, arena.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

roughsawn

Columbus mayoral candidates on guns, arena.

Post by roughsawn »

This should narrow the field a bit.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... ebate.html
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
captainstormy

Re: Columbus mayoral candidates on guns, arena.

Post by captainstormy »

Yea, When Coleman announced he would retire I was hoping we could get a decent Republican to run now. But the more and more I looked into Boyd the more I found that I didn't like.

I'm planning on voting for Scott today myself. That said, I think in the end it'll be Genthir. Pretty much all of Colemans people have gotten behind Genthir so it's hard to imagine him loosing.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Ginther is the odds on favorite. I was not impressed with the Republican candidate. perhaps the ORP has written off this election as a loser for them.
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Scott Barely got past Boyd to be the second candidate for Mayor in November. Miles behind Genthir though.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in November. I think alot of it will depend on what else is on the ballot. If there are some other issues to get Republicans out to vote I'd imagine they would lean more toward Scott for mayor, but I don't think most Republicans would get out to vote between two different Democrats for mayor.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I see lots of signs and billboards for Scott around my neighborhood. I have yet to see one for Genthir. Not to say that means anything but from what I'm seeing, Scott got his name out there for sure. Oh well.
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Klingon00 wrote:I see lots of signs and billboards for Scott around my neighborhood. I have yet to see one for Genthir. Not to say that means anything but from what I'm seeing, Scott got his name out there for sure. Oh well.
Odd, I've seen basically the opposite. Either way, should be interesting in November.