PA now recognizes OH CHL

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

PA now recognizes OH CHL

Post by JustaShooter »

Apparently hell froze over while I wasn't paying attention. According to the PA AG website, they now recognize an OH license:

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Media_a ... greements/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Category 2: States that have statutory reciprocity under 6106(b)(15) of the Uniform Firearms Act.

The following states have been granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15), based on the determination of the Attorney General that the other state has granted reciprocity to Pennsylvania license holders, and that the other state's laws governing firearms are similar.
  • Colorado
  • Iowa
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Louisiana
  • Montana
  • North Dakota - Effective August 1, 2013 only North Dakota Class I permits are recognized in Category 2.
  • Ohio
  • Wisconsin
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: PA now recognizes OH CHL

Post by TSiWRX »

WHAT!!!???!!! :!: :?:

Seriously, I knew something was weird when I saw that flaming ball of fire in the sky this evening!

Goody for me, I'm up for renewal this winter! 8)

Thank you for that bit of info!!!!
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
sdelam

Post by sdelam »

Best news I heard all day! Thanks for posting.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

But what does statutory 2 mean?
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
mreising

Post by mreising »

Bama.45 wrote:But what does statutory 2 mean?
Category 2: States that have statutory reciprocity under 6106(b)(15) of the Uniform Firearms Act.

The following states have been granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15), based on the determination of the Attorney General that the other state has granted reciprocity to Pennsylvania license holders, and that the other state's laws governing firearms are similar.
Category 1 states are those that have signed formal agreements, Category 2 is as stated above. There are some other categories as well, including those which are not allowed to carry in PA. In any case, we're good to go. I just had my address changed on my Centre County issued license, which will still be good to have just to get me Texas and Wisconsin. I notice that Handgunlaw.us has already updated the Ohio and Pennsylvania pages to reflect the new reciprocity.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
welshj

Post by welshj »

So the question becomes then- with all these recent changes... six new states!!
how do we get the AG to actually update their website with reprocity agreements?
I've noticed that Indiana seems to have dropped off that list? (AG)

yet the USA carry site lists a few differences-
According to them: states accepting ohio licenses...

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

welshj, most of these new states aren't due to reciprocal agreements so there is nothing to update. And, as is the case with so many things in government, those that did depend on a reciprocal agreement take time for things to work their way through the process.

Indiana was never on the list of reciprocal agreements that I know of - they recognize us, but we didn't recognize them until March 23 when we recognize any state's license for non-residents and Ohio residents for the first 6 months of residency.

As to USA Carry, seems they are a bit behind. Does anyone have contact info for them to let them know?
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

We go to Gettysburg about once a year to visit friends. We'd already planned a trip to Butler next month to get a PA license. Reckon now we don't have to. This is great!
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Don't forget that if WI or TX are in your travel plans, and your license was issued or renewed before March 23, a PA license could still be beneficial since WI only honors licenses issued or renewed on or after March 23, and when the dust settles it is almost certain TX will be the same way.
NRA Life Member

JonasM

Post by JonasM »

Are we sure it's not a late April Fool's joke? :mrgreen:

Even though I have the PA non-resident, this will feel good - the wife and I are headed to Ikea Pittsburgh tomorrow. :)
BobK

Post by BobK »

JonasM wrote:Even though I have the PA non-resident, this will feel good - the wife and I are headed to Ikea Pittsburgh tomorrow. :)
Be interested if it is posted. IKEA is one of the few retailers that post 30.06 signs in Texas. :evil:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

BobK wrote:Be interested if it is posted. IKEA is one of the few retailers that post 30.06 signs in Texas. :evil:
As memory serves it is, but as is typical for non-Texas locations it's pretty unobtrusive.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

djthomas wrote:
BobK wrote:Be interested if it is posted. IKEA is one of the few retailers that post 30.06 signs in Texas. :evil:
As memory serves it is, but as is typical for non-Texas locations it's pretty unobtrusive.
The last time I was dragged (kicking and screaming) to the IKEA in Michigan, they were also posted. I'm guessing it's a corporate thing.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

Good timing! My PA expires in a month. But I may need it for TX....
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams
doublestack

Post by doublestack »

Sweet.....my PA non - res expires next week! I was planning on renewing (or getting a new license) in May when I went to my buddies camp up in Elk County.
Glock 19 - Crossbreed Supertuck
Ruger SR1911
OH CHL & PA Non-Res LTCF