HB 147: Permitless carry

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: HB 147: Permitless carry

Post by carmen fovozzo »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Not sure if this was covered here......

IF one day we get passed a law that says anyone that is legal to CC can go into any place including Police Dept. Schools, church's etc..What would you say about that ? No license, no training ?
So my gun is going to automatically discharge by stepping onto a school, church, police department property?
That is not what I said....

Is there a reason you ask a question for every question I have ? I asked a question and you get sarcastic. I wasn't referring to YOUR gun..I was referring to everyone in general....like people that wanted to prove a point if it was legal to go flaunting it like some OC guys do...lighten up a bit...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Not sure if this was covered here......

IF one day we get passed a law that says anyone that is legal to CC can go into any place including Police Dept. Schools, church's etc..What would you say about that ? No license, no training ?
So my gun is going to automatically discharge by stepping onto a school, church, police department property?
That is not what I said....

Is there a reason you ask a question for every question I have ? I asked a question and you get sarcastic. I wasn't referring to YOUR gun..I was referring to everyone in general....like people that wanted to prove a point if it was legal to go flaunting it like some OC guys do...lighten up a bit...
And so what if those guys want to go flaunting a bit? Right now they can do it on the public sidewalk in front of any school. Even without a gun, they can't technically go into any school they want. The school could tell them to leave and they would have to leave. So I'll throw the school one out.

With a police department, who cares? I welcome a group to come protest in my PD lobby. Do something stupid such as start pointing the gun around, win stupid prizes is all I have to say. They can do it in the parking lot right now. Wasn't that one of OFCCs first major walks? In front of a town hall and police department. Not a single carry license was used to do that walk and since there was no state training mandate, any training that those carriers used was sought on their own. I don't recall anyone shooting themselves then so it must have been pretty safe.

Church? First of all, leave it up to the church to post. Making them no carry zones by statute is dumb. What if by statute all businesses were no carry zones and had to post that carry was allowed? How would that change anything. It wouldn't.

Training is nice, yes. But when you make it mandatory, you greatly devalue it and it does not guarantee or lower the risk of anything bad happening. There's a campaign going around Ohio and nationwide through law enforcement called Below 100. The idea...to lower officer deaths in a year under 100. Is the goal great? Sure. But do you really think telling an officer in training to wear his seat belt is going to cause him to wear his seat belt? If they haven't worn it yet, telling them it's unsafe isn't going to persuade them to start. They've most likely already responsded to a major crash where a person wasn't wearing one and seen how much worse it can be. 4 hours of training isn't going to persuade them differently. Do you really think telling them to wear a vest is going to cause them to wear a vest? Either the department mandates it or they don't. So not really an officer case there at all. Hence, you can't train the stupidity out of people and unless the state fully developes what is taught, you can't guarantee that You and I received the same training. And the state mandated training in different areas is worse than any private training I've taken.

Is that a better answer?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Should be mandatory for police to wear seat belts....saves life's...It's the law in OHIO....is it not ? Saves life's.....There is no penalty for officers not to wear their seat belts...Make one...and enforce it with civilian eye balling every officer.....saves life's....that's what it is all about...

I will never change my stand on training......just to many idiots out there that can care less about the 2A and what it does for us...
Thanks for your answer..
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Should be mandatory for police to wear seat belts....saves life's...It's the law in OHIO....is it not ? Saves life's.....There is no penalty for officers not to wear their seat belts...Make one...and enforce it with civilian eye balling every officer.....saves life's....that's what it is all about...

I will never change my stand on training......just to many idiots out there that can care less about the 2A and what it does for us...
Thanks for your answer..
Ok Carmen, let's do this, say the state of Ohio puts you in charge of laying out a training program for everyone before they can get their CHL
Layout your minimum training program for us that everyone has to pass before they get a CHL
Come and get'em
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Step away from the thread for a couple days and someone mentioned fried bologna.

Dammit...now I'm hungry.

:?
MyWifeSaidYes
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

GatorNavy wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Should be mandatory for police to wear seat belts....saves life's...It's the law in OHIO....is it not ? Saves life's.....There is no penalty for officers not to wear their seat belts...Make one...and enforce it with civilian eye balling every officer.....saves life's....that's what it is all about...

Thanks for your answer..
Ok Carmen, let's do this, say the state of Ohio puts you in charge of laying out a training program for everyone before they can get their CHL
Layout your minimum training program for us that everyone has to pass before they get a CHL
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: To say that training should be taken to better prepare you is one thing. To dictate that training is mandatory is "Big Brother" ism.

Either I have rights or I don't. Either I can think for myself or I can't.

We are so far down that road where "Big Brother" dictates to us that we will probably never get them out of our lives.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I don’t need, nor am I required to undergo government provided training/indoctrination: to worship my chosen deity/attend church; to speak or write for publication as I choose; to assemble with others in a peaceable manner; nor to petition my various levels of government for the redress of any of my grievances.

Perhaps one can discern the development of a theme in the aforementioned...
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

charliej47 wrote::shock: I can buy a car without a license or a background check. I need a license to prove that I will not do harm(or so they say). :shock:

At one time in most states if your vehicle was a farm item, then you did not need a license to operate it, even on the road. You still do not need a license to drive a tractor on the road (the last time I checked).

It seems that it all boils down to money (tax).
The issue is "self" government. Are we to govern ourselves and pay the proper consequence for infractions (after due process has been exercised), or are we to have burdens placed on our Liberty, taxes placed on our Rights, applications and background checks before taking possession of inanimate objects, obtaining consent from those charged with keeping us free, etc?

Positive Law vs Negative Law ]Video Article
Who among us would not prefer negative law?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

GatorNavy wrote:

Thanks for your answer..

Why does someone have to be in charge ? Let the NRA 5 rules of safety be taught...it could even be done on the computer...How long would it take someone to learn the 5 rules of safety....basic stuff, that is all I want, basic 5 rules..
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

“Every job needs supervision…”
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
GatorNavy wrote:

Thanks for your answer..
The 5 rules on the computer? hmmmmm and no one in charge? :lol:
Come and get'em
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You guys are missing my very simple point.....have a novice be aware of the 5 safety rules one way or the other....then if that person wants to shoot himself, that's fine with me...
...Just like when you teach your kid to ride a bike.....you show him how to steer and apply the brakes and balance himself.....if he falls, and he will fall, tough crap...

You guys are hopeless... :wink:
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

quote="carmen fovozzo"]Should be mandatory for police to wear seat belts....saves life's...It's the law in OHIO....is it not ? Saves life's.....There is no penalty for officers not to wear their seat belts...Make one...and enforce it with civilian eye balling every officer.....saves life's....that's what it is all about...

Thanks for your answer..[/quote]

Layout your minimum training program for us that everyone has to pass before they get a CHL[/quote][/quote]

The 5 rules on the computer? hmmmmm and no one in charge? :lol:[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You never took a test or survey on the computer ?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

And if someone posts you don't need a license to ride a bike, I'm coming after you where ever you are.. :)