HB 75: Mandatory firearms storage

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

HB 75: Mandatory firearms storage

Post by rickt »

Another retread from last session brought to you by Bill "Mil-uh-tee-uh" Patmon.
H. B. No. 75-Representative Patmon.
Cosponsors: Representatives Boyd, Lepore-Hagan.

To enact section 2923.191 of the Revised Code to prohibit any person from storing or leaving a firearm in the person's residence unless the firearm is secured in safe storage or rendered inoperable by a tamper-resistant lock or other safety device if the person knows or reasonably should know that a minor is able to gain access to the firearm and to provide criminal penalties if a minor gains unauthorized access to a firearm not so stored or rendered inoperable.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... A131-HB-75
synack2

Re: HB 75: Mandatory firearms storage

Post by synack2 »

Have to keep and eye on this one. I am getting kind of tired of this whole minors should never have access to firearms thing. My children started shooting at the age of 4. My 6 year old can run the AK or AR as good as any grown up. I even had him on the Mosin a couple of weeks ago and he handled it just fine. All my Minors know where the guns are hidden so they can get to them in an emergency. Not all Minors are somehow magically incapable of handling firearms or are all screwed up in the head and will go on a mass killing spree with them. Some of us raise our children right and teach them right from wrong. Also Adam Lanza's mom had all her guns locked up and he still got to them.

Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yeah this bill needs to go down in flames.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Team Awesome indeed.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

MyWifeSaidYes
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Need more practice to get that draw down to 1.5 seconds.