HB 20: CHLs locking guns in cars on school property

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: HB 20: CHLs locking guns in cars on school property

Post by JediSkipdogg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I do drop my Grand Kids off at school and PSR...it's still BS in my opinion..if your going to get it done, get it done right..
And how long ago did we pass concealed carry in Ohio? I think Ohio one day will have constitutional carry, so why don't we just quit passing small bills to we know we can get the final outcome?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:I do drop my Grand Kids off at school and PSR...it's still BS in my opinion..if your going to get it done, get it done right..
And how long ago did we pass concealed carry in Ohio? I think Ohio one day will have constitutional carry, so why don't we just quit passing small bills to we know we can get the final outcome?
Nice straw man you've built there, JediSkipdogg. :roll:

We aren't asking for the world here - is it that hard to believe that removal of schools as a CPZ is possible? We certainly wouldn't be the first, as was shown in a previous post. Have we even tried? If not, then why are we only trying for the absolute minimum change possible?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

JustaShooter wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
Nice straw man you've built there, JediSkipdogg. :roll:

We aren't asking for the world here - is it that hard to believe that removal of schools as a CPZ is possible? We certainly wouldn't be the first, as was shown in a previous post. Have we even tried? If not, then why are we only trying for the absolute minimum change possible?
If one doesn't remember, it was part of the bill that passed in December. It was removed at the last minute because they didn't have enough time to study it. This exact wording matches what was removed. If they couldn't study this language in 20 months I doubt they want anything more complicated to study. There was a reason they kept it this simple.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I think there was plenty of time to study it. Not enough legislators were convinced it would help their reelection chances to vote for it.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

WestonDon wrote:I think there was plenty of time to study it. Not enough legislators were convinced it would help their reelection chances to vote for it.
I agree. That's why I think if it is made much more complicated than it is then it will just get yanked again or die by itself.

FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

I agree the "while dropping off" should be removed. But you folks who think we should just go for being able to carry at schools and functions aren't going to get what you want. You have to do this in steps... first show that nothing happened when people could lock their guns in their cars... then incrementally move on from there.

I think we should be able to carry everywhere... but I also recognize the political realities... you're not going to be able to jump straight to carrying in school. And most of the states mentioned are "with school board permission" - which is the same as Ohio, as some have pointed out already. The list of places you can carry on school grounds outside of your car without getting permission is practically non-existent.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Unions.

We have trouble pushing past the police unions, so I have no doubt we are having trouble pushing past the school unions.

Unions DO tend to make political contributions, don't they?
MyWifeSaidYes
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Here is what would make me happy...and call me greeting for wanting this NOW....

I want to be able to go to Church, which has a School and lock my gun in the car and attend Mass..NOW...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens