POLL: 2015-2016 Legislative session What does OFCC want?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Vote for up to three items. Votes can be changed until 1-4-15

Poll ended at Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:11 pm

1- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(9) -- ridiculous to be unable to carry in buildings we paid for. Should be language that prohibits posting of any public building or property.
20%
2- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(5) -- campus carry (unless private college decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
4%
3- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(6) -- church carry (unless church decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
5%
4- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(7) -- daycare carry (unless private day care decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
0%
5- Either eliminate RC 2923.122 Schools, or redefine "school zone" to only mean inside actual buildings instead of property.
18%
6- Put teeth in 9.68 to fine both the body politic and its elected officials (personally) for statutes that violate preemption.
8%
Clarify 9.68 that preemption is reserved only to statutes enacted by the OGA, and state agencies do not have the right to impose additional restrictions by regulation.
3%
7- Repeal of RC 2923.16, allowing all Ohioans to carry in their vehicle for self defense. Allow loaded handguns and long guns.
5%
8- Repeal ORC 2923.12(B)(1), ORC 2923.12(F)(3), ORC 2923.16(E)(1) and (2), ORC 2923.16(I)... requiring notification and ORC 2923.126(A), relevant language.
21%
9- Constitutional Carry
3%
10- "Swatting" law
0%
11- Employee parking lot storage
13%

Total votes: 263

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: POLL: 2015-2016 Legislative session What does OFCC want?

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

For the 2015-16 session, I think we need to ask for EVERYTHING, but each change should be in its own bill.

Ask for 100 things but only get 30 or 40?

Isn't THAT the spirit of compromise?

:mrgreen: :twisted:

(70+ Reps and 20+ Senators...close enough to 100. Each one submits a bill.)
MyWifeSaidYes
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

New to the site.
My vote is for No. 8, 1, and 5 in order of preference
johnwilliamson062

Post by johnwilliamson062 »

What about expanding our right to carry beyond firearms? Several states, Florida being the prominent one I believe, allow people with a CCW to carry blades. As a defensive tool in addition to a handgun, a replacement in light clothing, ect. a knife is invaluable. Additionally, allowing me to carry a handgun, but then saying a simple knife restricted is obviously non-sense.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

johnwilliamson062 wrote:What about expanding our right to carry beyond firearms? Several states, Florida being the prominent one I believe, allow people with a CCW to carry blades. As a defensive tool in addition to a handgun, a replacement in light clothing, ect. a knife is invaluable. Additionally, allowing me to carry a handgun, but then saying a simple knife restricted is obviously non-sense.
You don't need to look any further than Kentucky for a good example of this. Their license is called "Concealed Deadly Weapon License" and covers pretty much all defensive implements you could imagine. Because of that and their very limited restrictions on carry in government buildings, I feel a sense of enhanced freedom every time I cross the Ohio River into Kentucky.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

rickt wrote:So let's see, this forum has 11374 registered members and approximately 69 people has bothered to vote in this poll. I guess the rest of them must be happy with the laws as they are.
Maybe people just don't like polls.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ray81 »

We want Stand your ground to be legal in Ohio. No duty to retreat for good guys when they are obeying laws and minding their own business outside of their home or car.
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

The first thing we need to change is the notification. This has been around for too long.
Stand your ground
CCW instead of CHL
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ray81 »

We want STAND your GROUND.
If it's too late for 2015, then let's start work for 2016.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Gutless pols dropped house of worship carry. I'm totally disgusted with them all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Ray81 wrote:We want STAND your GROUND.
It's the same, 2 year legislative session.
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Gutless pols dropped house of worship carry. I'm totally disgusted with them all.
The logic I heard was "they can opt in" so it's really no difference than "opting out."
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Ray81 wrote:We want STAND your GROUND.
If our Governor gets selected as the VP running mate for the presidential primary winner, that might possibly freeze all pro-gun legislative activity in the OGA for 2016.
gunsho11b

Post by gunsho11b »

How about a proposed constitutional amendment to prohibit gun control from being enacted via ballot initiative. Or an amendment to the state constitution that requires ballot initiatives to have a super-majority of voters in order to pass. This way you don't have people like Bloomberg or Moms Demand Action trying to ram rod their agenda, like they did in Washington State with initiative 594 (Universal background check) which was passed by the voters.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

gunsho11b wrote:How about a proposed constitutional amendment to prohibit gun control from being enacted via ballot initiative. Or an amendment to the state constitution that requires ballot initiatives to have a super-majority of voters in order to pass. This way you don't have people like Bloomberg or Moms Demand Action trying to ram rod their agenda, like they did in Washington State with initiative 594 (Universal background check) which was passed by the voters.
I don't know if Tweed reads this thread, but if he does, I'm sure his response to your thought would be something along the lines of "Money, Motivation, and Momentum. Please feel free to propose such a measure, as long as you can fund it."
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

JustJack wrote:
gunsho11b wrote:How about a proposed constitutional amendment to prohibit gun control from being enacted via ballot initiative. Or an amendment to the state constitution that requires ballot initiatives to have a super-majority of voters in order to pass. This way you don't have people like Bloomberg or Moms Demand Action trying to ram rod their agenda, like they did in Washington State with initiative 594 (Universal background check) which was passed by the voters.
I don't know if Tweed reads this thread, but if he does, I'm sure his response to your thought would be something along the lines of "Money, Motivation, and Momentum. Please feel free to propose such a measure, as long as you can fund it."
Please add Machine (lots of boots in the right places), which comes right after Money. Then add Media (support), which we shall never have in my lifetime.

Here's my suggestion: pick one issue which we can win and put everything into winning that issue.
NEOH212

Post by NEOH212 »

We need to see a law made in Ohio that would take the force of law away from the gun buster signs. If property owners want to post, fine. However it's utter BS that the government (federal, state, or local) would allow a law that makes it a crime to enter posted private property while armed. Those are the wishes of the property owner only. I get that. However such policies are not aligned with the Second Amendment.

Before you people that claim the Second Amendment is between Government and the people and doesn't apply to private property, I'll say I agree. However.... The very right that the Second Amendment protects inadvertently prohibits the Government from making laws that make exercising your right to go armed illegal.

The Government wasted no time passing laws that dictate to private property owners that they must bake cakes for certain alternative lifestyle types (cite whatever "Alternative" example you want here.) Hence business owners can't discriminate against certain types of people, sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, creed, ect and that stuff isn't directly in the Constitution as Constitutional Rights for God Sake! (Logical and inferred? Yes but not it's not in writing (plain text) in the great COTUS.) The Second Amendment is, and I'll site the part that states, "Shall not be infringed."

Why then does the Government have no problem flexing their muscles for those other causes but not for the rights we already have? How did we get to the point where the Government legislates the very thing they are prohibited to legislate? More importantly why the hell did we stand around and let it happen in the first place?

Things really need to change. Not only with this topic and not only this state, but in this country as a whole. RAPIDLY!

In closing all the changes cited in the poll would be great but the best one is Constitutional Carry with no (as in zero) restrictions. The way it was intended to be to begin with. It's BS that we need a permit or need to ask permission to exercise our God given rights. It's also utter BS that we all stand around and let it continue like good little sheep.

We need change but not the kind that the current commander and joke promised.

(Perhaps Trump?)
Just remember, the big bad criminal will see the sign on the door and reconsider...