POLL: 2015-2016 Legislative session What does OFCC want?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Vote for up to three items. Votes can be changed until 1-4-15

Poll ended at Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:11 pm

1- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(9) -- ridiculous to be unable to carry in buildings we paid for. Should be language that prohibits posting of any public building or property.
20%
2- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(5) -- campus carry (unless private college decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
4%
3- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(6) -- church carry (unless church decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
5%
4- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(7) -- daycare carry (unless private day care decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
0%
5- Either eliminate RC 2923.122 Schools, or redefine "school zone" to only mean inside actual buildings instead of property.
18%
6- Put teeth in 9.68 to fine both the body politic and its elected officials (personally) for statutes that violate preemption.
8%
Clarify 9.68 that preemption is reserved only to statutes enacted by the OGA, and state agencies do not have the right to impose additional restrictions by regulation.
3%
7- Repeal of RC 2923.16, allowing all Ohioans to carry in their vehicle for self defense. Allow loaded handguns and long guns.
5%
8- Repeal ORC 2923.12(B)(1), ORC 2923.12(F)(3), ORC 2923.16(E)(1) and (2), ORC 2923.16(I)... requiring notification and ORC 2923.126(A), relevant language.
21%
9- Constitutional Carry
3%
10- "Swatting" law
0%
11- Employee parking lot storage
13%

Total votes: 263

Tweed Ring

Re: POLL: 2015-2016 Legislative session What does OFCC want?

Post by Tweed Ring »

Perhaps, but the vehicle which holds the firearm is on the premises.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Perhaps 1 thru 5 should be combined into one big eliminate statutory gun free zoneprovision.

Realistically, I wouldn't expect to get it all but might as well ask for it all. We would probably wind up putting something back in the name of compromise.

I didn't vote for constitutional carry because I think it is unobtainable at this time. Someday.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Tweed Ring wrote:Perhaps, but the vehicle which holds the firearm is on the premises.
That vehicle is willfully INVITED on to the premises by the employer. It should be well obvious - but perhaps must be said that the employer WANTS that person to come on to the property and likely also wishes that person arrive there daily and on time and actually furnishes that person a parking lot to do exactly that.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I choose not to further argue this matter with you or other posters, as I do not want to derail this thread.

Here's the deal: you garner your lobbyists and OGA legislative support, and I shall gather mine. Once the matter has been decided, one way or another, we shall see which side prevails.
Ben4Freedom

Post by Ben4Freedom »

Removing or changing the burden to notify when pulled over by an officer would be top of my list. I've fine having to declare when asked, but they should have to ask. I shouldn't have to talk over them or lead the conversation at a stop.

I'd also like the law to clarify a bit more about carry when their are passengers in the car. If I have a license, my passenger doesn't, and firearm is locked in the glove compartment--is there an issue?
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

Today, I voted for #8, #1 and #7 in that order.

I want #9(constitutional carry) and I think that should be our goal but my votes were more about what I think is doable at this time. Although with huge supposed pro gun majorities in all 3 branches of Ohio government I don't see why ANYTHING upholding the 2A and giving gun owners back the freedom they deserve is not realistic. It should all be realistic with the make up of this government. Only 8 people want the repeal of vehicle transport laws? Is that a function of we don't think we can get that? Because IMO, that's step on on our way to Constitutional Carry.

In the end, I understand what the poll is. And that is to sort a list of priorities. It's all good.
NRA Endowment Life Member
http://www.assaultweapon.info
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Must not be a lot of church goers in the forums. Fine then go after enumerated CPZ as a whole. I don't have any kids and never will so school fix doesn't really affect me at all. Go after them all.
I think you can add churches and daycares in at the same time you are dealing with the gov't buildings. If you are going to start striking out sections of law that deal with CPZ's, those things are all in the same section just a few lines apart. Just keep drawing lines while marking out the stuff about government buildings.
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

Tweed Ring wrote:I choose not to further argue this matter with you or other posters, as I do not want to derail this thread.

Here's the deal: you garner your lobbyists and OGA legislative support, and I shall gather mine. Once the matter has been decided, one way or another, we shall see which side prevails.
Or we can do what everybody is already doing. Locking the gun in the car and going on about your work day. Don't ask, don't tell, keep mouth shut about it. That's what I did every place that ever had the policy even long before CHL. If I was headed to the range after work, I had the guns locked in car. How many times I got searched or questioned or anything else? ZERO. :mrgreen:
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

davcar45 wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:I choose not to further argue this matter with you or other posters, as I do not want to derail this thread.

Or we can do what everybody is already doing. Locking the gun in the car and going on about your work day. Don't ask, don't tell, keep mouth shut about it. That's what I did every place that ever had the policy even long before CHL. If I was headed to the range after work, I had the guns locked in car. How many times I got searched or questioned or anything else? ZERO. :mrgreen:
Ohio is an employment-at-will state, unless you are a member of a recognized protected class, and/or have a union contract, or an employee contract. I hope your employer is very understanding if you breach an employer rule and are discovered so acting.

It can get cold and hungry out there...
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

davcar45 wrote: Or we can do what everybody is already doing...
Can you provide a cite for that statistic?

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Therin lies the problem with don't ask don't tell. No records to cite. :wink:
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

Klingon00 wrote:Therin lies the problem with don't ask don't tell. No records to cite. :wink:

Yeah, that's the ticket. :twisted: :P
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

So let's see, this forum has 11374 registered members and approximately 69 people has bothered to vote in this poll. I guess the rest of them must be happy with the laws as they are.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

rickt wrote:So let's see, this forum has 11374 registered members and approximately 69 people has bothered to vote in this poll. I guess the rest of them must be happy with the laws as they are.
Or else simply didn't see the poll...

I felt like a kid at a candy store--I wanted ALL of them.

However, I managed to restrain myself. Going back over, again and again, thinking through, I picked the three that most affect me. It turns out that (at least as of today) those three have garnered the majority of votes.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

TunnelRat wrote:[
I felt like a kid at a candy store--I wanted ALL of them.

However, I managed to restrain myself. Going back over, again and again, thinking through, I picked the three that most affect me. It turns out that (at least as of today) those three have garnered the majority of votes.
Me too on the all of them.....

I picked 2 that affect me most and 1, the school one not because it affects me(although it does currently) but because I think the school is a free fire zone for anyone who wants to do damage to the vulnerable right now. The fact that nobody can legally even have a firearm on school property other than police is ridiculous.

There was a school shooting in Arkansas I think several years back that was stopped by a teacher who went to his vehicle and got his pistol. Obviously that is impossible in OH if you obey the law.

My youngest is in 10th grade and by the time anything addressing this is put into law if it ever is he'll be out and the chances of school zone BS ever affecting me will be slim. A school is not Utopia and gun SHOULD NOT be off limits in them or on the property. That's why I check marked that one.