HB 234, as passed by the legislature

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: HB 234, as passed by the legislature

Post by Brian D. »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Magpul has a new PMAG as well. Says its indestructible..
And the other ones are? I love how some commented on I think Magpul's Facebook page and asked if God was making them now since it's hard to make something more indestructible than their current product.
You got to big matches, or schools like TDI enough, I swear there are days when shooters could break an anvil with a rubber mallet.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

davcar45 wrote:
Tru-Heathen wrote:New from Magpul PMag D60 :

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... -magazine/

I'll be getting one of those. Not because I need it or that is particularly useful....just because I can. :mrgreen:
Me too! Can't wait until they are out on the market. Cool thing is I forget my company's 25 year gift to me was a gift certificate (that I wasn't supposed to buy gun stuff with) but you could trade it in for a BassPro Gift Certificate. So now I have $150 just waiting for BP to start stocking these D60's. Online "chatted" with a BP rep and asked when they anticipated arrival of the product and she said they didn't have a clue. That is to be expected with most front-line people. Still, that day is coming and I look forward to it. My BD is in May and that would be a happy coincidence, eh? :mrgreen:
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

I haven't seen this discussed before, but forgive me if it has. Paragraph (B)(3) of 109.69 has been added to allow nonresidents from any state to carry if they're in Ohio temporarily, but it gives no definition of "temporarily". Anybody know if there's any legal definition for that, or are we confronted with another 'inform promptly' sort of fiasco?
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Rhino wrote:I haven't seen this discussed before, but forgive me if it has. Paragraph (B)(3) of 109.69 has been added to allow nonresidents from any state to carry if they're in Ohio temporarily, but it gives no definition of "temporarily". Anybody know if there's any legal definition for that, or are we confronted with another 'inform promptly' sort of fiasco?
At least six months. What it really comes down to is residency. A person continually in Ohio for more than six months is likely going to be considered a resident for most purposes, in which case (B)(2) comes into play. That division gives a six month grace period from the time the person establishes residency to continue carrying on any other state's license.

I doubt that we'll ever get any case law on this because I just don't see it being an issue.
crsuribe
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by crsuribe »

I must be silly but I can't find anywhere any mention of when this officially went or is going into effect... all I see is back in December they said "in 90 days" but I was expecting an official date but can't find it - does anyone know?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

3/23/15
MyWifeSaidYes
crsuribe
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by crsuribe »

Thank you
MikeB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by MikeB »

So, who will be the 1st to use the new law to get Sheriff signoff on a NFA item? I don't see any option on the Franklin County Sheriff's website to set up an appointment (like they have for CHL's).
"Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I don't have any money to buy or build any NFA items, but I would schedule as normal, fill in the appropriate portion of the application for NFA items and take the ATF forms with me to the appointment.

The process is (mostly) the same for the Sheriff, but they sign your ATF form(s) instead of issuing you a CHL.
MyWifeSaidYes