Dems have someone running against DeWine

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

GWC

Post by GWC »

Don't bet on Hackett really being pro gun. Bill Clinton claimed he supported the 2A the first time he ran too. He just had a different interpretation (2A for the NG). Hackett's position on every other issue is to the left of Karl Marx. I don't trust him. He had to say he was pro-gun in the district he ran in for congress this summer.

Strickland, on the other hand, is really pro-gun and has proved it with his voting record. Hackett has no voting record, don't be fooled by him.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

NRA member & CHL Licensee

Post by rickt »

According to this story, Hackett is a NRA member and has his CHL:

http://www.ohioccw.org/modules.php?name ... e&sid=3322
Linda

Re: Sherrod Brown's Wife

Post by Linda »

rickt wrote:
Linda wrote:Does that make me a "Dirty Harriett wannabe"?

Would love to see a link to that story! Can you find it & post it Rickt?
Here it is:

http://www.cleveland.com/schultz/plaind ... ore/5.html
Thanks Rick. She sounds like a Toby wannabe! Does she really think that she knows what all her neighbors have tucked away safely in their homes?? I would be incredibly insulted if one of my kids friends parents decided they were going to rake me over the coals about what I have in my home. At that point, I'd tell them to put their child back in their car, and have a nice day! :x And did she chose to dissect those 87 deaths to guns? Probably all but maybe 1 or 2 were to suicide or outside youth violence.

Quick...get the duct tape for my head again! :lol:
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871
GWC

Re: NRA member & CHL Licensee

Post by GWC »

rickt wrote:According to this story, Hackett is a NRA member and has his CHL:

http://www.ohioccw.org/modules.php?name ... e&sid=3322

Michael Moore is an NRA member. Diane Feinstein has CCW permit.

Doesn't mean they're pro-gun. Maybe Hackett really is pro-gun. But he has no record to prove it. All his other positions on the issues are left wing. Without a voting record to check, I won't take the risk.

Dewine is less than worthless. But if he is re-elected it will help keep the Senate in Republican hands. That means Orrin Hatch is the head of the Judiciary committee. He has blocked anti-gun and facilitated pro-gun legislation every chance he gets. In my opinion, that is a good enough reason to vote for Dewine (or Voinovich when he is up).
randy

Post by randy »

you do not want Sherrod Brown in Mike DeWine's senate seat, no matter how bad DeWine is.
Yean, then if comes down to choosing between "Active Stupid" vs "Passive Stupid"
Randy, NRA Life member, OFCC Member
911: When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
GWC

Post by GWC »

Sherrod Brown is a true believer. He will do whatever he can to ban or restrict firearms, including taking the lead to push legislation. I've met him a few times, he's a nice enough guy but in the extreme left of his party. His record speaks for itself.

While Dewine usually votes wrong on guns (but not always), he is not an antigun leader, crafting and pushing legislation. And as I said above, if he is re-elected it helps to keep VERY progun republicans in charge of the Senate Judiciary committee.

In any scenario gun owners are better off holding their noses and voting for Dewine next year.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

GWC wrote:While Dewine usually votes wrong on guns (but not always), he is not an antigun leader, crafting and pushing legislation.
Yup, DeWine is a true Pubby: he's not a leader; he doesn't push legislation; in fact he doesn't really do much of anything. That's pretty much what we've come to expect from the Pubbies -- they talk a lot, but do nothing.

I think that's way better than the Dems, who actively set out to repeal our firearms rights (not to mention undermine our culture, morality, and national defense).

In these days it would seem that we have only two viable political parties: one with no morals and the other with no guts. We end up choosing the lesser of two weevils...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
GWC

Post by GWC »

Tom,

I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, that is what we are stuck with.
Crankshaft

Post by Crankshaft »

jgarvas wrote:
Ursus americanus wrote:On a slightly related subject - if Hillary is elected in 2008 that will mean we'll have 24 years with only two different families in the White House.

:shock:
Not that this has anything to do with Ohio Politics, but I saw a poll on realclearpoltiics.com that suggested Guliani has a huge popularity lead over Hillary, and recently announced he will return to politics.

I don't know if it was a Zogby poll or a Fox News poll, but if its truly representative of New York there is hope that Hillary could be replaced before she has a chance to run.
RUSH SAID ONE OF THOSE POLLS PUT HER FIFTH CHOICE AMONG DEMS FOR THE PRESIDENCY.