Robocall from Pepper

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Robocall from Pepper

Post by Morne »

Just got a robocall from Pepper (D, running for AG against DeWine). The recording used quotes from pro-gun groups who were against DeWine in the past to make it seem like Pepper is the pro-gun choice. No gun group in Ohio has endorsed Pepper that I know of in this election cycle, though.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Tweed Ring

Re: Robocall from Pepper

Post by Tweed Ring »

If Candidate Pepper manages to reach 40%, he should be pleased with his campaign. State-wide, this will be a blow out.

M – Don’t you have caller ID to avoid these pesky Democrat robo-calls?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I can't take Pepper serious as Ohio's "chief law enforcement officer" since I know that, like Mike DeWine, at heart he's a wimp. Sorry, I want my state AG to be a bit of a tough guy (or gal). Don't think I'll ever forgive the Republicans for yanking Dave Yost off the spot on the ticket last time.

Honestly, in terms of intestinal fortitude, Richard Cordray made a better impression on me as AG. He showed up at our Second Amendment rally at the Statehouse back about 2008; I'm sure being around a bunch of gun-toters, no matter how civil we spoke and acted, was his cup of tea, but he showed only cordiality, not fear or disdain.

And maybe Jim Petro, for the couple of things he did (erasing New Rome from the map, and standing up to Cuyahoga County Sheriff McFaul when he said he wasn't going to issue carry licenses back in 2004) was perhaps the standard bearer for the position of Attorney General.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Another lesser-of-the-evils situation.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Candidate Pepper will receive about 40% of the vote. A nice tally, but simply not enough to win.