Cleveland must release data critical to preventing illegal g

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: Cleveland must release data critical to preventing illeg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

mrbone wrote:
ohioborntexan wrote: •Prohibit the sale or transfer of a firearm without reporting it to the police.
•Prohibit the sale of facsimile firearms.
Utterly useless, won't prevent a single crime.
My first issue with that (regardless of state law) is do you notify before or after the sale? Sounds like before. Therefore you have to know for sure that you are going to do the transfer. And what info will they require? Probably info you won't be able to get before a sale.

Now, the pain in the butt part of me would love that to pass and wish Cleveland was closer. A few ways to mess with them come to mind...

1) Find two people willing to make what is now a legal transaction. I don't care if they really exchange or not. But have them stand 5 feet outside of the city limits then someone call to report an illegal firearm deal. When the police arrive, they can't touch it being just outside of the city.

2) If you have to notify prior to the sale, notify them. Then go back in 30 minutes later and notify them you didn't like the gun so you are de-notifying them of the sale.

3) Schedule an OFCC buy back. Then if prior notification is required, notify them you are buying an unknown amount of guns. You aren't sure what people will turn in therefore you don't know how to properly notify them.

4) Find someone to really mess with them about it. Keep exchanging a gun back and forth EVERY day. Just keep notifying them daily of the exchange.

Do all 4 of the above and they will quickly realize how pointless their law is. And it would just be fun annoying them in the first place.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
expo2248

Post by expo2248 »

Now THAT'S my kind of humor! Well put jedi
The sheep do not want the dog around--he looks too much like the wolf. He reminds them there is danger out there just beyond the relative safety of the fence. The wolf also hates the dog. He knows it's the dog that stands between him and his prey. The dog is the reason the wolf is lean and why he is forced to stalk the darkness.
: Police
BobK

Post by BobK »

JediSkipdogg wrote:4) Find someone to really mess with them about it. Keep exchanging a gun back and forth EVERY day. Just keep notifying them daily of the exchange.
Government bureaucracies being what they are, it is quite natural to expect they would concoct some kind of "service fee" to go along with the transaction. For example, when Columbus had the law that the city had to be notified prior to a sale, there was a $25 fee.

That would quickly make a daily exchange expensive. And instead of aggravating a bureaucrat with the pointlessness of the transactions, instead they would be pleased at the revenue generated. :roll: :mrgreen:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
mrbone wrote:
ohioborntexan wrote:
Now, the pain in the butt part of me would love that to pass and wish Cleveland was closer. A few ways to mess with them come to mind...

1) Find two people willing to make what is now a legal transaction. I don't care if they really exchange or not. But have them stand 5 feet outside of the city limits then someone call to report an illegal firearm deal. When the police arrive, they can't touch it being just outside of the city.

2) If you have to notify prior to the sale, notify them. Then go back in 30 minutes later and notify them you didn't like the gun so you are de-notifying them of the sale.

3) Schedule an OFCC buy back. Then if prior notification is required, notify them you are buying an unknown amount of guns. You aren't sure what people will turn in therefore you don't know how to properly notify them.

4) Find someone to really mess with them about it. Keep exchanging a gun back and forth EVERY day. Just keep notifying them daily of the exchange.

Do all 4 of the above and they will quickly realize how pointless their law is. And it would just be fun annoying them in the first place.

Dude! You are a sadistic individual, aren't you?
...I LIKE IT!!!! :mrgreen:
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark