Poll: FitzGerald, still largely unknown, trails Kasich by 12

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Poll: FitzGerald, still largely unknown, trails Kasich by 12

Post by Whirlwind06 »

http://wvxu.org/post/poll-fitzgerald-st ... age-points" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perhaps the worst news for FitzGerald, who is the Cuyahoga County executive, is that 65 percent of those polled said they don’t know enough about the Democrat to have a favorable or unfavorable opinion – despite the fact that he has been campaigning statewide for more than a year-and-a-half.
Cuyahoga County Democrat. That's all the info I need, to know that he's not going to be pro gun.
Last edited by Whirlwind06 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed Ring

Re: Poll: FitzGerald, still largely unknown, trails Kasich b

Post by Tweed Ring »

To mis-attribute a quote from Congressman John Lewis (D-GA), "He's doing the best he can..."

Candidate FitzGerald can busy himself by continuously re-arranging the deck chairs, but his ship is heading towards a great big iceberg, and traveling at a high rate of speed...
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

He has a lot of enemy's....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tweed Ring wrote:
Candidate FitzGerald can busy himself by continuously re-arranging the deck chairs, but his ship is heading towards a great big iceberg, and traveling at a high rate of speed...
Tweed, you used the wrong doomed ship analogy here. Consider the candidate's name, think Lake Superior not the north Atlantic Ocean, my friend. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Brian D. wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:
Tweed, you used the wrong doomed ship analogy here. Consider the candidate's name, think Lake Superior not the north Atlantic Ocean, my friend. :lol:
Yep, Gordon Lightfoot's homage is more aptly named. The song should be standard fare at Kasich rallies.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

He has the backing of the FOP.....whoopy....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

People who comment on the PD on-line tend to use that analogy. To me the Titanic is the best way to describe his campaign.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

So did the Ohio DNC select him because they didn't think they could win? And they are saving their money and real candidates for the next go around after Kasich is term limited?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Among my political running buddies, this type of candidate is known as a kleenex. You need him, you use him once or twice, but you don't value him, nor keep him around.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

It has been said the only difference between the Titanic and the FitzGerald campaign is the FitzGerald campaign has a better band...
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Ed(mond?) Fitzgerald could very well win.

Ohio could easily throw out Kasich over SB 5.. Gun owners that are union members, their family's are very very emotionally traumatized over that SB5 legislation. The might not vote for Ed(mond?) however, they might just not vote.

I could see that happening easy don't forget Obama won Ohio. So could our friend Ed, and Mark showers up in Michigan too. Polls right now are meaningless.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Sure, anything is possible. Election is still approximately 100 days out.

But, that’s not the way to bet…
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

wkdravenna wrote:Ed(mond?) Fitzgerald could very well win.

Ohio could easily throw out Kasich over SB 5.. Gun owners that are union members, their family's are very very emotionally traumatized over that SB5 legislation. The might not vote for Ed(mond?) however, they might just not vote.

I could see that happening easy don't forget Obama won Ohio. So could our friend Ed, and Mark showers up in Michigan too. Polls right now are meaningless.
That last sentence is the only thing I even partially agree with.

Yes, SB 5 was a blunder that the ODP could've capitalized on. Had they kept their powder dry and held off on the statewide ballot repeal until an even numbered year, you know - when the very folks who voted on SB 5 would be up for re-election, then they could've won some serious cheddar. Instead, the ODP ran the repeal during an odd numbered year, when critical offices like dog catcher were on the ballot. Thus, I am certain that Ohio now has a disproportionate number of Democratic dog catchers. Remember, political parties use ballot initiatives as a vehicle to get like-minded folks to the polls who will, while they're there, also vote for their like-minded politicians. It is a tried and true recipe and an opportunity that the ODP squandered. Some days, you just can't win even when you win. :idea:

Your last point has some validity. The only poll that matters is the one on election day. Still, even the most ardent Ohio Democrats will privately tell you they expect Kasich to win re-election without much fuss. Much as 2006 was a wave election year for Dems, and 2010 was a wave for the GOP, this year is shaping up to be very one-sided. If the ODP thinks they can peel off one or two statewide officeholders it isn't the governor's race, to be sure. Back in 2006 one Republican won statewide (the highly qualified and very likeable Mary Taylor won Auditor) when everything else went Democrat so it can be done.

Your larger point about voter turnout happening, or not, is a discussion I often enjoy having in regards to presidential nominees. In POTUS years the turnout model has eclipsed the persuasion model in my estimation. However, seeing as this is not a POTUS year I predict that the normal way of things will hold sway. Further, while the last two GOP POTUS nominees were challengers it should be noted that Kasich has the vast power of incumbency, without which one could easily argue that Obama wouldn't have won in 2012.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Historically, my good Democrat friends stay home during the mids. The mids don’t excite the Democrat base. This year’s mids…my tribe is angry, e.g. ground-glass Republicans.

But, perhaps Fitz has a clean shot if he brings in our president and a few hundred thousand pre-Democrats, from the border, to go door-to-door for him.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

The SB-5 referendum and Bill Clinton's Omnibus Crime Bill are some baggage Gov. Kasich will need to shuck to be re-elected. :|
Last edited by curmudgeon3 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.