Foster Care

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Foster Care

Post by charliej47 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
CroManGun wrote:This needs more publicity; they're always crying about a shortage of foster homes. Seems the shortage is self-generated by the agencies themselves!
It's generated by the idiots that have the kids and then the idiots that want to foster the kids just for the money. Debating that exact aspect she said a lot is controlled by public pressure to do something after a major foster care incident. So then they make it tougher for others. You'd be amazed how often they yank kids. I think my girlfriend is called 2-3 times a month to yank kids from a foster home after the caregivers are arrested for something. Kinda sad when you think Highland County doesn't have as much as say Butler or Hamilton County.

Not saying this is what the OP is doing, but it's very profitable IMO. Butler County gets about $25 per day per kid, then something like $100 per month for clothing. So you get something like $10,000 a year for each kid, plus lots of options for more money when it comes to mileage. I've had people where I work call that their child has run away or call us for a domestic at the house then beg us not to do a report on it. Essentially, they want us to do it all off the books because if the agency finds out they can remove the child and revoke the license. Essentially, they are in it for the money only. Kind of sad if you ask me. But those abuses to the system punish the good ones.
This is what I have been told and because of all these restrictions, they are driving the good people away. :shock:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: Last week we were informed that we had passed all criteria and we would be receiving our certification soon. :shock:

This week I read in the paper that Butler County Children Services people walked out on strike! :shock:

This is now over a year since this all started! :evil:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I work with a treatment center for teenage males. One of the biggest problems is correcting behaviors, teaching new ways of thinking and then putting them back with the parents that are often the neighborhood drug dealer. These kids are VERY difficult and fraught with hazards. I would be very hesitant to carry around them because of weapon retention issues. I would suggest that even if you do carry, all other guns should be locked up with the ammunition locked in a separate location that are not disclosed to the kids to the extent possible. I would also suggest you get the best quality locks...I locked my keys in my car one night going off shift. Several volunteers to help me and I was in my car driving home inside five minutes.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.