OH AG's Initiative to stop gun violence begins soon

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

OH AG's Initiative to stop gun violence begins soon

Post by Bruenor »

Attempting to use peer pressure to reduce violence.. Looks more like a feel good initiative from where I'm sitting.

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top ... 1120.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Safe Neighborhoods initiative
"Call ins are an efficient and effective method in communicating the program's key message back to all the violent groups in the neighborhood. As they come to understand that violence by one will lead law enforcement attention on all, peer pressure that drives most of the violence is reduced," says DeWine.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: OH AG's Initiative to stop gun violence begins soon

Post by WestonDon »

Yup. Pure smoke and mirrors. On the plus side at least he's not proposing some "common sense" gun control lunacy.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Well, the A.G. is abiding by all the accepted politically-correct rules in initiating his programs, we'll see how that works out for him. Good timing with the elections coming up in November.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I thought Dewine was a 2A supporter?... I don't know much about Ohio's AG, seeing As I just moved up here last fall.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

I was skeptical but then my Brother-in-Law (very pro-gun) said he was involved with a county meeting with the guy spearheading the program. It is really focused at the 18-34 yr olds already in some kind of trouble. He liked what he heard about the program. I'm on board for now.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Bama.45 wrote:I thought Dewine was a 2A supporter?... I don't know much about Ohio's AG, seeing As I just moved up here last fall.
Eugene Volokh
Top 10 Anti-Gun Senators
Tue Apr 17, 2007 21:46

Top 10 Anti-Gun Senators

10. Mike DeWine (R.-Ohio)
Consistently the only Republican to speak in favor of anti-2nd Amendment legislation on the Senate floor.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

curmudgeon3 wrote:
Bama.45 wrote:I thought Dewine was a 2A supporter?... I don't know much about Ohio's AG, seeing As I just moved up here last fall.
Eugene Volokh
Top 10 Anti-Gun Senators

Top 10 Anti-Gun Senators

10. Mike DeWine (R.-Ohio)
Consistently the only Republican to speak in favor of anti-2nd Amendment legislation on the Senate floor.
Ah... Thanks, any pro 2 A's running against him?
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
nu3gawhat
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by nu3gawhat »

He was at OGCA on Saturday.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Ohio: Mike DeWine (R)

Former Sen. Mike DeWine returned to office in 2010 and is running again. The Democratic candidate is former Hamilton County Commissioner David Pepper, who lost 50-45 in his 2010 race for state auditor. DeWine has been low key in office and should be favored for another term. However, the ongoing lawsuit over the state's same sex marriage ban could complicate things. Pepper supports overturning the ban while DeWine's office is arguing for it to stay in place.
NRA 'C' rating.
BobK

Post by BobK »

curmudgeon3 wrote:
Eugene Volokh
Top 10 Anti-Gun Senators
That was dated 2007. He has gone through a pretty thorough 2A makeover since then.

Whether it is genuine and heartfelt is certainly open to question, but there is not doubt he has concluded it is to his political advantage to maintain pro-2A positions.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

He'll be in his lame-duck term after this November. (Won't need any more gun votes.) Then watch what he does in Cleveland in partnership with the mayor between then and the 2016 GOP Convention.