Cleveland Protest in Public Square 7/13/14?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mdoerner

Cleveland Protest in Public Square 7/13/14?

Post by mdoerner »

Howdy Folks,

I just saw this on Newsnet5's web site:

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news ... h-guns-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm kinda perplexed as to why the reporter couldn't interview any of the protestors on the day of the protest. (Maybe he wanted to watch the soccer game?) Anyhoo, how did the protest go? Was there a notice on a web-site or something? I might be interested in participating if my schedule permits next time. Thanks.

Mike Doerner
soberbiker

Re: Cleveland Protest in Public Square 7/13/14?

Post by soberbiker »

It's been discussed in the open carry section of this forum for the past week or so. Only a select few gave interviews as to make sure the correct message was conveyed.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

mdoerner wrote:Howdy Folks,

I just saw this on Newsnet5's web site:

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news ... h-guns-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm kinda perplexed as to why the reporter couldn't interview any of the protestors on the day of the protest. (Maybe he wanted to watch the soccer game?) Anyhoo, how did the protest go? Was there a notice on a web-site or something? I might be interested in participating if my schedule permits next time. Thanks.

Mike Doerner
Nobody would talk to the channel 5 reporter. They did a hatchet job on the interview they did with the event organizer on Saturday night. I was actually hooked up with sound equipment in front of the camera ready to do an interview and changed my mind. The reporter from channel 5 was none too happy.

I asked him what his personal opinion was on the 2nd amendment and the right to carry a gun for self protection and he told me he was "indifferent" to the idea. I politely asked him to unhook me as the interview would not proceed.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sounds like a good call, pirateguy. In what seems like a past life I spent time doing the pro-gun spokesguy thing with local media as part of a group focusing on replacing firearms hype with FACTS. Only way I knew for sure we wouldn't get sandbagged was to insist that either:

1) We did the interview LIVE (TV or radio)
2) We accompanied them back to their production facilities and didn't give approval until we saw/heard the final version to be aired or printed.

Of course we never, ever had them green light that second option. The very suggestion of it would leave them gasping for air, out of shock and/or uncontrollable laughter. We did get a few things on air live though, that worked out well.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.