Shaker Heights scraps gun control measures deemed too strict

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Shaker Heights scraps gun control measures deemed too strict

Post by Tweed Ring »

Shaker Heights scraps gun control measures deemed too strict by the state

CARR, THE FLOOR WALKER, BELIEVES SHAKER HEIGHTS IS ONE OF THE MOST LIBERAL CITIES IN OHIO…BUT THEY WILL CONFORM TO STATE LAW.

http://www.cleveland.com/shaker-heights ... ed_stories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrbone

Re: Shaker Heights scraps gun control measures deemed too st

Post by mrbone »

Was one of the the many reasons I moved out of that city. While the city government ignored my neighborhood deteriorating from litter, loud car stereos, foreclosures, and wondering teen vagrants on the streets harassing pedestrians, the city thought that the non-existent gun violence was a more important issue to tackle. They quietly passed a law banning stuff but allowing people to register to be grandfathered in, but of course it was passed so quietly that probably no one even knew about the law to register (if they were dumb enough to want to do so).
Bruenor

Re: Shaker Heights scraps gun control measures deemed too st

Post by Bruenor »

mrbone wrote: They quietly passed a law banning stuff but allowing people to register to be grandfathered in, but of course it was passed so quietly that probably no one even knew about the law to register (if they were dumb enough to want to do so).
Cleveland had a registration scheme too.. I went to the Justice center on no less than 4 separate occasions, walked up to the firearms registration Desk, and asked for information on the Cleveland firearms laws. I told them I was 'considering purchasing a firearm' and wanted to know the local laws before I did so. Never once, on any of those visits, could I get a single answer to my inquiry. Needless to say I , err.. never purchased a firearm while living in Cleveland..

After I moved out of Cleveland and found out how to look up those Laws I discovered that half the firearms I had been considering purchasing were illegal under their guidelines and would have been subject to confiscation and possible charges in Cleveland.

The people at the Justice Center were so helpful in helping me to stay compliant....
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson