**NEW** Cleveland Mayor's Gun Violence Agenda

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Klingon00

Re: **NEW** Cleveland Mayor's Gun Violence Agenda

Post by Klingon00 »

Tweed Ring wrote:I see this as his building a decent alibi for Cleveland’s crime problem. If this proposal cuts crime, he takes the credit. If the Ohio Supremes knock some of it down, he can blame those rascally Republicans in Columbus.
I agree. This makes sense.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Klingon00 wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:I see this as his building a decent alibi for Cleveland’s crime problem. If this proposal cuts crime, he takes the credit. If the Ohio Supremes knock some of it down, he can blame those rascally Republicans in Columbus.
I agree. This makes sense.
I concur also. Looks like Frankie has found himself a win/win situation.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Dr. Detroit
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Dr. Detroit »

Tweed Ring wrote:I see this as his building a decent alibi for Cleveland’s crime problem . . .
Yes. And this is similar to what I say in the article now up on OFCC's front webpage. Once mayors change the issue from crime to gun control, they are politically off the hook for their deteriorating cities. They're heroes for their tireless effort to control guns (despite that inconvenient Second Amendment), and free of blame because they can't control guns (that darn Second Amendment again). Gun control is the ultimate decoy issue. See my article, you'll enjoy it.

Dr. Detroit aka Phil
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

WELL REASONED EDITORIAL, THANK YOU.
ohioborntexan

Post by ohioborntexan »

catfish86 wrote:Pretty much sum it up as either a redundant ordinance or an illegal ordinance. Didn't Florida enact a penalty for local governments that infringe on state gun laws? I would like to see that here if it hasn't already happened.
Every state should have this law.

The 2013 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 790
WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

790.33 Field of regulation of firearms and ammunition preempted.—

(3) PROHIBITIONS; PENALTIES.—
(a) Any person, county, agency, municipality, district, or other entity that violates the Legislature’s occupation of the whole field of regulation of firearms and ammunition, as declared in subsection (1), by enacting or causing to be enforced any local ordinance or administrative rule or regulation impinging upon such exclusive occupation of the field shall be liable as set forth herein.
(b) If any county, city, town, or other local government violates this section, the court shall declare the improper ordinance, regulation, or rule invalid and issue a permanent injunction against the local government prohibiting it from enforcing such ordinance, regulation, or rule. It is no defense that in enacting the ordinance, regulation, or rule the local government was acting in good faith or upon advice of counsel.
(c) If the court determines that a violation was knowing and willful, the court shall assess a civil fine of up to $5,000 against the elected or appointed local government official or officials or administrative agency head under whose jurisdiction the violation occurred.
(d) Except as required by applicable law, public funds may not be used to defend or reimburse the unlawful conduct of any person found to have knowingly and willfully violated this section.
(e) A knowing and willful violation of any provision of this section by a person acting in an official capacity for any entity enacting or causing to be enforced a local ordinance or administrative rule or regulation prohibited under paragraph (a) or otherwise under color of law shall be cause for termination of employment or contract or removal from office by the Governor.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

This may be the time to ask our friends in the statehouse for a punitive legislative recourse on Mayors and local jurisdictions. Clearly the mayor is spitting in the face of the legislature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA